Senior Public Policy Manager
Safety, Policy, and Regulatory AffairsApply for this position
The Safety, Policy, and Regulatory Affairs team at Zoox is a cross-functional organization, responsible for advancing Zoox's public policy and regulatory goals and creating a proactive safety culture across the company. This Senior Public Policy Manager will lead a critical independent policy initiative focused on federal efforts while supporting the team’s diverse ongoing policy and safety activities.
- Engage directly with federal policymakers, regulators, industry stakeholders, and key opinion leaders to shape policy and political dialogue
- Track current and emerging political activity at the federal level while developing and executing Zoox policy strategy
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with federal officials, their staff, regulators, and other key external stakeholders
- Work closely with other teams at Zoox, including Legal and Safety teams, to ensure up to date knowledge of company plans and reporting policy/political developments with analysis
- Manage consultant relationships and represent Zoox in industry trade associations as needed
- 8+ years of public policy experience within government and/or relevant nonprofits, public interest groups, companies, or industry association
- Skilled and experienced at persuasively and diplomatically advocating complex policy positions before a wide variety of audiences
- Deep knowledge of Federal legislative dynamics and decision-makers and an expansive political network
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills, and exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Advanced Degree (J.D., MBA, MPP, MPA, etc.)
- 3+ years working on transportation policy
- Experience with the Department of Transportation
- Knowledge of NHTSA regulations, specifically FMVSS
- Experience with policy related to AVs, mobility, or new technology development and/or bringing a new product to market
Employees working in this position will be required to have received a single dose of the J&J/Janssen COVID-19 vaccine OR have completed the two-dose Pfizer or Moderna vaccine series. In addition, employees will be required to receive a COVID-19 booster vaccine within two months of becoming eligible for the booster vaccine.
Employees will be required to show proof of vaccination status upon receipt of a conditional offer of employment. That offer of employment will be conditioned upon, among other things, an Applicant’s ability to show proof of vaccination status. Please note the Company provides reasonable accommodations in accordance with applicable state, federal, and local laws.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.