Software Engineer, Vehicle Networks Security
SoftwareApply for this position
The Security Software Development & Analysis (SSDA) team is a subteam within ProdSec aiming at improving the security posture of Zoox robotaxi service through:
Development of security-critical software for vehicle platform & backend infrastructure
Development of software for security monitoring & analytics
Providing security guidance to software teams through architecture reviews, threat analysis, risk assessment, and development of reference implementations of security features
- Developing software for monitoring on-vehicle networks and creating alerts corresponding to security-critical events
- Work on defining, enforcing, and validating network security policy for Zoox vehicles
- Validate secure configuration of vehicle networks by defining & implementing automated network security tests corresponding to different layers of the network stack.
- Strong background in network programming in Unix environments
- 3+ years of proven systems programming experience in C/C++
- Deep networking experience; familiarity with MAC-, Transport-, and Application-layer protocols as well as troubleshooting and development tools (Wireshark, raw sockets in C, iptables and the path of network packets in Linux etc.)
- Background in network security
- B.S Degree in computer science, computer engineering, or a related fieldStrong written and verbal communication skills
- Master’s or Ph.D degree in computer science or computer engineering
- Background in Auto industryExperience in firmware software development for embedded systems.
Employees working in this position will be required to have received a single dose of the J&J/Janssen COVID-19 vaccine OR have completed the two-dose Pfizer or Moderna vaccine series. In addition, employees will be required to receive a COVID-19 booster vaccine by the earlier of (1) April 15 or (2) within two months of becoming eligible for the booster vaccine.
Employees will be required to show proof of vaccination status upon receipt of a conditional offer of employment. That offer of employment will be conditioned upon, among other things, an Applicant’s ability to show proof of vaccination status. Please note the Company provides reasonable accommodations in accordance with applicable state, federal, and local laws.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.