Machine Learning Engineer - Prediction
SoftwareApply for this position
The Prediction team is responsible for forecasting the future states of all the dynamic agents around our vehicle. To account for the inherent uncertainty of predicting the future, our job is to compute a probabilistic representation over the intentions and movements of other agents. Our probabilistic predictions are then tightly integrated into our Planning system to deliver a safe and comfortable ride.
- Develop new algorithms to model and recognize the future behavior of all other agents in the world
- Leverage our large-scale machine learning infrastructure to discover new solutions and push the boundaries of the field
- Engineer software that runs on-vehicle to efficiently execute our algorithms in real time
- Develop metrics and tools to analyze errors and understand improvements of our systems
- Collaborate with engineers on Perception and Planning to solve the overall Autonomous Driving problem in complex urban environments
- BS, MS, or PhD degree in computer science or related field
- Experience with training and deploying Deep Learning models
- Experience with production Machine Learning pipelines: dataset creation, training frameworks, metrics pipelines
- Fluency in C++
- Extensive experience with programming and algorithm design
- Strong mathematics skills
- Conference or Journal publications in Machine Learning or Robotics related venues
- Prior experience with Prediction and/or autonomous vehicles in general
- Fluency in Python
Employees working in this position will be required to have received a single dose of the J&J/Janssen COVID-19 vaccine OR have completed the two-dose Pfizer or Moderna vaccine series. In addition, employees will be required to receive a COVID-19 booster vaccine by the earlier of (1) April 15 or (2) within two months of becoming eligible for the booster vaccine.
Employees will be required to show proof of vaccination status upon receipt of a conditional offer of employment. That offer of employment will be conditioned upon, among other things, an Applicant’s ability to show proof of vaccination status. Please note the Company provides reasonable accommodations in accordance with applicable state, federal, and local laws.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.