Service Associate - Second Shift
Fleet OperationsApply for this position
The Base Operations team at Zoox is looking for a Service Associate to support daily fleet operations during the second shift (3:30 pm - 12:00 am). In this role, you will be responsible for the daily upkeep of the vehicles with tasks such as cleaning and fueling and ensuring the test site is organized and presentable for operations. Within the BaseOps team, you will help ensure the vehicles meet regulatory requirements per the provided guidance. You will also support our parts team in organizing and transporting spare parts inventory. Additionally, you will help our driving team, Alpha Operations, with their operational testing needs.
The Service Associate is required to be fully vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus. An applicant is considered fully vaccinated two weeks after their second dose in a 2-dose series, such as the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines, or two weeks after a single-dose vaccine, such as Johnson & Johnson’s Janssen vaccine. Applicants will be required to show proof of vaccination status upon receipt of a conditional offer of employment. That conditional offer of employment will be conditioned upon, among other things, an Applicant’s ability to show proof of vaccination status. Please note the Company provides reasonable accommodations in accordance with applicable state, federal and local laws.
- Supporting and optimizing drive operations.
- Ensure the vehicles, equipment, and workplace are clean and ready for use.
- Provide logistical support for the movement and storage of vehicles and equipment.
- Assist with paperwork and documentation related to vehicle readiness.
- Perform routine fueling of our test vehicles and supporting equipment.
- Support the readiness of spare parts and the associated inventory.
- Provide hands-on technical support to the BaseOps technicians.
- General testing support (cone courses, obstacles, traffic control, support vehicle driving).
- 2 - 4 years of work experience
- Ability to work second shift: Monday - Friday from ~3:30 pm - 12:00 am
- Must have a valid driver's license with a clean/excellent driving record.
- Possess a “get it done” attitude and a sense of urgency to resolve problems and tasks.
- Must have the proven ability to problem solve and deliver on high-pressure situations.
- Must have the proven ability to multi-task and manage multiple projects and deliverables.
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills
- Works well in a team environment
- Technical trade school certificate or Associate Degree in automotive repair
- Proficiency with Jira/Confluence
- Proficiency with MS Office/Google Suites
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.