Project Manager - IT / AV / Security, Places & Build
Finance & StrategyApply for this position
In this role you will be responsible for overseeing design and execution of IT, AV and Security projects at Zoox's various leased real estate assets, as part of CapEx improvements ranging from $100K to $20M+. These assets include office, manufacturing, R&D, testing and service locations as well as various employee amenities such as full commercial kitchens/cafes and gyms. You will own IT, AV and Security scoping, design, and execution - beginning with lease commencement all the way though occupancy and project close out. You will work closely with Zoox internal cross-functional IT, AV and Security teams. Tasks include but are not limited to schematic design, design development, vendor bid/selection, project oversight, change management and overall risk mitigation. The role is highly strategic and requires someone who is able to adjust to frequent changes. A successful person in this role will be passionate about all things related to development (real estate, design, numbers, schedules, contracts, etc.). A strong candidate enjoys creating innovative and creative spaces for cutting edge technology to develop.
- Responsible for leading IT, AV and Security scope on multiple capital construction projects from initiation to close-out
- Manage all facets of a project (budget, schedule, procurement, quality & risk) during all phases including planning, design, construction, occupancy and closeout
- Engage during site selection and due diligence periods to understand existing building conditions and lease terms to help develop realistic preliminary schedules and budgets
- Partner with key internal cross-functional teams such as IT/AV, Security, EHS, and Occupancy Planning to develop project plans that meet the company’s growth requirements
- Develop and recommend project delivery method (Design-Build, Design-Bid-Build or other)
- Lead the selection and recommendation of IT and AV designers and contractors, and any other specialty sub-consultants/subcontractors through a detailed RFP process
- Complete bid review and analysis and make formal recommendations to senior leadership for capital funding approvals
- Create and maintain the project budget, including securing internal approvals for capital funding
- Prepare and coordinate project reviews for internal teams at all project phases including conceptual, schematic, design development, and construction phases
- Serve as the primary point of contact for all extended and external project team members from lease execution through project turnover
- Professionally represent Zoox’s interest at all meetings with Consultants, General Contractors, and suppliers
- Engage and maintain a positive working relationship with the local jurisdictions and departments, as needed.
- Engage with internal customers, demonstrating your ability to drive consensus and compromise when needed
- Communicate project information and updates to employees and leadership
- Create and monitor control systems for cost estimates, value engineering, budgets, schedules, and change orders
- Review and approve all contractor and vendor draws against approved POs
- Provide management with a monthly status report, including financial reporting for ongoing projects
- Drive both internal and external stakeholders to meet deadlines as required per the project schedule
- At least 5 years of industry experience, including 3 years of direct corporate design and/or construction project management.
- Experience leading commercial projects greater than $10M
- Extensive knowledge of current SF Bay Area design and construction market
- Experience project managing complex IT, AV, and Security solutions that support workplace, R&D, and manufacturing capital improvement projects
- Strong understanding of various project delivery methods and cost tracking
- Ability to comprehend contracts, legal documents, architectural drawings, and engineering drawings
- Knowledge of construction industry best practices and building codes
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to produce and maintain project budgets, schedules, and conduct financial analysis
- Ability to successfully manage multiple projects at one time while maintaining priorities
- Navigating a fast-paced environment while adapting quickly to change
- Working independently with minimal direct supervision
- Ability to identify risks and develop risk mitigation plans
- Exceptional attention to detail and organization
- Ability to think creatively in order to provide non-standard solutions
- Ability to balance customer expectations with project reality
- Bachelor’s or graduate degree in a related field such as IT Systems, Architecture, Construction Management or Engineering preferred
- Experience producing and delivering effective and persuasive presentations to senior management
- Experience building complex & technical projects such as data centers, manufacturing lines, EV charging infrastructure, etc
- General knowledge of various MEP systems
- Experience working in multi-tenant buildings
Employees working in this position will be required to have received a single dose of the J&J/Janssen COVID-19 vaccine OR have completed the two-dose Pfizer or Moderna vaccine series. In addition, employees will be required to receive a COVID-19 booster vaccine by the earlier of (1) April 15 or (2) within two months of becoming eligible for the booster vaccine.
Employees will be required to show proof of vaccination status upon receipt of a conditional offer of employment. That offer of employment will be conditioned upon, among other things, an Applicant’s ability to show proof of vaccination status. Please note the Company provides reasonable accommodations in accordance with applicable state, federal, and local laws.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.