Vehicle Operations Associate
Fleet OperationsApply for this position
At Zoox we have set the goal to provide our customers with the highest level of safety while using our fully autonomous vehicles. You will work with a team of world-class engineers with diverse backgrounds such as robotics, control, and vehicle engineering, to deliver the vehicle performance using virtual tools and methodologies. In taking on the Vehicle Operations Associate role, you will assist with mission and vehicle setup, site efficiency, coordinating and streamlining processes in support of Vehicle Operations at Zoox.
The Vehicle Operations Associate is required to be fully vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus. An applicant is considered fully vaccinated two weeks after their second dose in a 2-dose series, such as the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines, or two weeks after a single-dose vaccine, such as Johnson & Johnson’s Janssen vaccine. Applicants will be required to show proof of vaccination status upon receipt of a conditional offer of employment. That conditional offer of employment will be conditioned upon, among other things, an Applicant’s ability to show proof of vaccination status. Please note the Company provides reasonable accommodations in accordance with applicable state, federal and local laws.
- Vehicle testing and mileage accumulation in support of our team goals
- Collaborating with Team Leads, Site Leads and Dispatch on maximizing vehicle uptime
- Partnership with BaseOps in fueling and other mission readiness opportunities
- Assisting with the streamlining and coordination of plans, schedules, and tasks in alignment with high level goals
- Identifying risks, determining mitigations and contingencies, and reporting the status of daily vehicle operations
- Minimum 1 year of experience and knowledge of Zoox vehicle testing procedures
- 2 years of autonomous vehicle operator experience and active AVT permit
- Experience working in a high-level collaborative environment and promoting a teamwork mentality
- Proven ability to problem solve and improve operational efficiency
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to coordinate with team members and management and explain technical issues
- Excellent time management and prioritization skills
- Previous experience in a supervisory role
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.