Reliability Test Engineer, Component Testing
Vehicle DevelopmentApply for this position
Zoox is looking for an Electronics Test Engineer to join our Central Test Team, supporting our EE Systems and Powertrain teams. In this role, you will work closely with Electrical Engineers throughout the design cycle of in-house developed electronics for Zoox’s robots. Your focus will include defining test plans, designing test fixtures, and executing component-level testing. You will also use internal and external standards to define appropriate test conditions and be involved in root-causing test failures and driving design solutions.
- You will conduct hands-on component and system-level testing as per Design Validation Plan (DVP) following test leg Diagrams and components requirements
- You will write detailed test plans and procedures for design validation tests
- You will write equipment procurement plans to allow smooth execution of the test plan
- You will develop test scripts to support automation on component testing
- You will develop test fixtures using CAD and cooperate with Zoox’s labs during the fabrication
- You will develop instrumentation maps and work with various data acquisition systems to collect the required data
- You will procure and/or develop the test equipment needed to operate test articles in representative load cases
- You will analyze test results and write detailed test reports and common business practices
- You will work alongside design teams to conduct failure analysis, develop, implement, and validate any required mitigations
- You will cooperate directly with cross-functional teams such as Reliability, Design Release, Powertrain, and EE to guarantee an efficient execution of the test plan
- You will maintain the working area organized and clean in a highly dynamic and fast-paced environment
- Bachelors in Mechanical, Electrical, or Mechatronics Engineer or related field
- Experience in testing automotive or consumer electronics
- Experience with programming languages (Python or LabVIEW preferred)
- Experience with hardware interfaces such as I2C, SPI, CAN, RS232, Ethernet
- Experience with 3D CAD software (Solid Works or CATIA preferred)
- Experience working with lab equipment such as Power Supply, Oscilloscope, eLoads
- MS in Mechanical, Electrical or Mechatronics Engineering
- Experience with mechanical, thermal, or other environmental testing
- Experience working with Thermal Chambers and Vibe Tables
- Experience in instrumentation components (Thermocouples/Pressure sensors and DAQ interfaces)
- Experience with Altium or equivalent PCB CAD package
Employees working in this position will be required to be fully vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus. An applicant is considered fully vaccinated two weeks after their second dose in a 2-dose series, such as the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines, or two weeks after a single-dose vaccine, such as Johnson & Johnson’s Janssen vaccine. Applicants will be required to show proof of vaccination status upon receipt of a conditional offer of employment. That offer of employment will be conditioned upon, among other things, an Applicant’s ability to show proof of vaccination status. Please note the Company provides reasonable accommodations in accordance with applicable state, federal and local laws.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.