Corporate QualityApply for this position
The Quality Technician will verify that receiving material meets Zoox drawings and specifications. The Quality Technician will work closely with Quality Engineering and Quality Management to provide reports, charts, graphs etc. to monitor and improve product quality.
The successful candidate must have the ability to meet tight deadlines, have strong interpersonal and communication skills, be detail-oriented, and have the ability to work independently. The candidate must establish and maintain a professional working relationship with Logistics, line supervisors, manufacturing operators, and engineering.
The Quality Technician is required to be fully vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus. An applicant is considered fully vaccinated two weeks after their second dose in a 2-dose series, such as the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines, or two weeks after a single-dose vaccine, such as Johnson & Johnson’s Janssen vaccine. Applicants will be required to show proof of vaccination status upon receipt of a conditional offer of employment. That conditional offer of employment will be conditioned upon, among other things, an Applicant’s ability to show proof of vaccination status. Please note the Company provides reasonable accommodations in accordance with applicable state, federal and local laws.
- Inspects incoming receiving materials by confirming product meets drawing and specifications
- Assists with containments, sorts, and reworks
- Conducts visual inspections and mechanical measurements, as required
- Assists with nonconforming product process and RMA receiving documentation
- Documents inspection results by completing reports and logs, inputting data into Servo quality Receiving Inspection database
- Responsible for working with Design Engineers and Quality Engineers to understand and fine-tune rework work instructions to assure the job can be safely and efficiently
- Maintains safe and healthy work environment by following standards and procedures, complying with all legal regulations
- Improves job knowledge by participating in problem-solving methodologies
- Communicates quality issues with team members (engineering, program management, and others)
- Assists in process improvement projects cross-functionally
- Other duties as assigned
- HS diploma, 2-year degree or evidence of experience
- 3 - 5 years experience in a Manufacturing Quality environment
- Previous mechanical inspection background with the ability to use basic and precision measurement tools (calipers, micrometers, thread gauges, etc.) preferred
- Ability to read and interpret basic mechanical drawings
- Develop and maintain good working relationships with all departments
- Work in a fast-paced team environment
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.