Foster City, CA • Internship/Co-op Design Researcher Internship/Co-op
Design Researcher Internship/Co-op
The Experience Team collaborates across Zoox to define and champion the “Human Experience”. We embrace a human-centered design process that is collaborative, data driven, and iterative. We are growing a team of exceptional people to help invent and design unique solutions. We'll address new challenges around AI and define interaction paradigms to advance human experience through design.
If you live and breathe design, if you care about the impact of technology in our society, if you can't stop thinking about how to help improve people's lives, and you want to work on some of the most exciting design challenges of our times to inspire and enable a better future, get in touch!
We are looking for a UX Design Research Intern to join our Experience Research workstream. The ideal candidate is a passionate creative thinker, who is eager to learn and solve challenging problems. You will involve all design and development of vehicle human-to-system interfaces in an integrated and collaborative fashion, supporting design, development, and preparation of deliverables.
- Currently working towards an M.S., Ph.D. or advanced degree in a relevant program and within 1 year of graduation. For undergraduates, we are accepting only juniors and seniors.
- Minimum of a 3.5 gpa
- Able to commit to a minimum of a 12-week internship
- Professional and positive communication skills
- Ability to relocate to the Bay Area, California
- Interns at Zoox may not use any proprietary information they are working on as part of their thesis, any published work with their university, or to be distributed to anyone outside of Zoox.
- Master's and/or Ph.D. of Human Factors, HCI, HRI, information technology, Psychology or industry engineering.
- Relevant UX research experience
- Experience with both qualitative and quantitative research
- Experience conducting field studies, creating the user profiles and persona
- Passion for exploring emerging technologies and making a positive impact on customers’ lives through your work
- Experience in Automotive and AV industries, manufacturing or TNC (Transportation Network Company)
- Service operation background and operation design related works
- Experience with industrial control operations
- Technical background (Enterprise software, Eng, CS or Manufacturing)
Employees working in this position will be required to have received a single dose of the J&J/Janssen COVID-19 vaccine OR have completed the two-dose Pfizer or Moderna vaccine series. In addition, employees will be required to receive a COVID-19 booster vaccine by the earlier of (1) April 15 or (2) within two months of becoming eligible for the booster vaccine.
Employees will be required to show proof of vaccination status upon receipt of a conditional offer of employment. That offer of employment will be conditioned upon, among other things, an Applicant’s ability to show proof of vaccination status. Please note the Company provides reasonable accommodations in accordance with applicable state, federal, and local laws.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.