Manager, Product Quality
Corporate QualityApply for this position
Zoox is building the quality team that will take our first-in-class autonomous robot from development to commercialization. The Product Quality manager is responsible for leading the design quality and field quality teams to ensure that we have the right metrics, the right processes, and the right team to ensure that Zoox L3 & L5 vehicles are designed and built to meet quality expectations.
- Managing the daily activities of the design quality and field quality teams – including goal setting, performance management, and professional development of team members
- Defining, collecting, and reporting the key performance indicators to drive improvements in the quality of Zoox L3 & L5 fleet vehicles
- Managing quality issue tracking and driving root cause analysis and corrective actions for the product quality team
- Leading continuous improvement efforts to increase the effectiveness and efficiency of product quality team processes
- Partner with the design, studio, experience, and the other quality teams to identify opportunities for product quality performance improvement and escalate to senior management as necessary to achieve success
- Collaborate with other members of the quality team to develop key quality specifications and procedures
- Experience managing a team of quality engineers and technicians in development through commercialization phases of the product and service lifecycle; including developing and evaluating appearance requirements, and developing and measuring service performance metrics.
- Experience with quality issue management systems (such as Jira)
- Demonstrated proficiency in performing quality root cause analysis and corrective and preventive actions
- Demonstrated experience driving quality initiatives and successfully delivering desired quality outcomes
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Engineering or related technical field
- At least 10 years of experience in quality engineering
- Automotive experience at the OEM or Tier I level
- Experience in start-up/product launch activities
- There are three major components to compensation for this position: salary, Amazon Restricted Stock Units (RSUs), and Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights. The salary range for this position is $167,000 to $277,000. A sign-on bonus may be offered as part of the compensation package. Compensation will vary based on geographic location and level. Leveling, as well as positioning within a level, is determined by a range of factors, including, but not limited to, a candidate's relevant years of experience, domain knowledge, and interview performance. The salary range listed in this posting is representative of the range of levels Zoox is considering for this position.
- Zoox also offers a comprehensive package of benefits including paid time off (e.g. sick leave, vacation, bereavement), unpaid time off, Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights, Amazon RSUs, health insurance, long-term care insurance, long-term and short-term disability insurance, and life insurance.
Employees working in this position will be required to have received a single dose of the J&J/Janssen COVID-19 vaccine OR have completed the two-dose Pfizer or Moderna vaccine series. In addition, employees will be required to receive a COVID-19 booster vaccine within two months of becoming eligible for the booster vaccine.
Employees will be required to show proof of vaccination status upon receipt of a conditional offer of employment. That offer of employment will be conditioned upon, among other things, an Applicant’s ability to show proof of vaccination status. Please note the Company provides reasonable accommodations in accordance with applicable state, federal, and local laws.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.