Software Engineer - Full Stack
SoftwareApply for this position
Decision making and motion planning are the primary responsibilities of mobile robots. Taking input from a variety of perception and localization systems, the planner's job is to figure out where the robot is going and how to get there safely.
A key piece of building this complex software is measuring its performance. As a software engineer for motion planning metrics, you will use vehicle and simulation data to help our motion planning developers understand how the vehicle is driving. You should be passionate about developing innovative metrics for driving behavior and/or system performance that support decisions, direct efforts, and provide clarity with an added ability to build tools and services to turn those ideas into intuitive user-focused tools and services.
- Skilled at working in tandem with a team(s), or unsupervised as required.
- Ability to drive an idea to a product ensuring high quality and user satisfaction.
- Proactive in monitoring tools, databases, and services to evaluate relevant metrics with the aim of improving them for, ultimately, better user experiences.
- High constant attention to maintaining and improving tools and services.
- Following and developing best practices for similar roles and projects.
- High engineering discipline: coding, documentation, code reviews, and a sense of urgency in addressing feature requests and bugs
- At least 3 years of industry experience developing software
- Strong Python skills for moving and analyzing data
- Experience in designing and developing REST APIs and microservices
- Good understanding of the fundamentals of SQL
- High attention to maintaining and improving tools and services
- Following and developing best practices for similar roles and projects
- Proactive in monitoring tools, databases, and services to evaluate relevant metrics with the aim of improving them for, ultimately, better user experiences
- Ability to drive an idea to a product ensuring high quality and user satisfaction
- Good knowledge of Flask
- A working understanding of PostgreSQL
- Good discipline in writing design docs
- Skilled at working in tandem with a team(s), or unsupervised as required
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.