Senior UX Designer, Rider
ExperienceApply for this position
Zoox's Experience Team works across the organization to define and champion the “Human Experience." We embrace a human-centered design process that is collaborative, data-driven, and iterative. We are growing a team of exceptional people to help invent and design unique solutions. We'll address new challenges around AI and define interaction paradigms to advance human experience through design.
If you live and breathe design, if you care about the impact of technology in our society, if you can't stop thinking about how to help improve people's lives, and you want to work on some of the most exciting design challenges of our times to inspire and enable a better future, get in touch!
In this role, you will invent and design innovative solutions to create experiences that our customers will love and choose. You will work across the org to make strategic decisions and run the design process on key work streams and initiatives. You will lead and champion a human-centered design process and culture.
- Leverage research insights and communicate design solutions to inform product direction across different audiences and varying levels of the organization
- Design interfaces and interactions that are elegant, accessible, intuitive, and delightful
- Champion a Human-Centered process to collaborate across the company in prioritizing and solving Scenarios
- Create impactful solutions that are aligned with our brand and push our strategy
- Invent and prototype new interactions to create innovative solutions
- Define design principles, and align design goals and timelines with key internal decisions and deadlines in a rapidly growing company
- Help define metrics and define solutions that improve our product
- Minimize investment risks by testing solutions and validating assumptions early
- Gain a deep understanding of both our internal and external customers
- 6+ years of relevant design experience in a commercial organization
- Experience shipping both digital and physical products
- Experience defining product strategy and value proposition
- Passion for exploring emerging technologies, and making a positive impact on customers’ lives through your work
- UX/UI prototyping skills
- Experience working in AI, tech or automotive industries
- Interest in product inclusivity and accessibility
- Experience researching and/or designing for a wide range of users and abilities
Employees working in this position will be required to be fully vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus. An applicant is considered fully vaccinated two weeks after their second dose in a 2-dose series, such as the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines, or two weeks after a single-dose vaccine, such as Johnson & Johnson’s Janssen vaccine. Applicants will be required to show proof of vaccination status upon receipt of a conditional offer of employment. That offer of employment will be conditioned upon, among other things, an Applicant’s ability to show proof of vaccination status. Please note the Company provides reasonable accommodations in accordance with applicable state, federal and local laws.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.