Vehicle Technician (L5)
Fleet OperationsApply for this position
We are looking for a vehicle technician to support the readiness of our fleet vehicles. The vehicle technician will perform maintenance, repairs, and contribute towards the operations of our workshop. This includes scheduled service, diagnostics, repair coordination, and general upkeep.
- Configure, set up, maintain, diagnose, and sign off on vehicles for safe on-road usage. May need to travel locally to perform this work from time to time
- Sync with Lead Technician to ensure all vehicles are in a “ready” state for demonstration and testing requirements
- Perform diagnostics and escalate to the appropriate engineering team if required
- Coordinate and drive the repair process
- Create diagnostic test plans as the team sees fit
- Maintain service records and document quality field reports
- Maintain shop facilities, ensure tools are in order, and the workspace is in excellent working condition
- Assist with parts inventory, location, and organization
- Build an excellent service experience for internal teams and business partners
- Ability to work Tuesday - Saturday from 3:00 PM - 12:00 AM
- Extensive knowledge of methods, techniques, parts, tools, and materials used in the maintenance and repair of vehicles
- Minimum of 2 - 4 years of technician experience
- Clean/excellent driving record
- Reliable, self-starter, roll-up-the-sleeves work ethos
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple projects and deliverables
- Team player
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Must be honest, responsible and an outstanding communicator
- Experience in an automotive-focused engineering or research lab (i.e. Dyno, Battery, etc.)
- Knowledge of CAN, wiring diagrams and soldering preferred
- Experience and ability to tow a car hauler and other large trailers to transport fleet vehicles
- Technical trade school certificate or Associate Degree in automotive repair
- Ability to travel locally and nationally (on occasion)
Employees working in this position will be required to have received a single dose of the J&J/Janssen COVID-19 vaccine OR have completed the two-dose Pfizer or Moderna vaccine series. In addition, employees will be required to receive a COVID-19 booster vaccine by the earlier of (1) April 15 or (2) within two months of becoming eligible for the booster vaccine.
Employees will be required to show proof of vaccination status upon receipt of a conditional offer of employment. That offer of employment will be conditioned upon, among other things, an Applicant’s ability to show proof of vaccination status. Please note the Company provides reasonable accommodations in accordance with applicable state, federal, and local laws.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.