Foster City, CA • Full-time Reliability Engineer, Electrical Systems
Reliability Engineer, Electrical Systems
At Zoox we have set the goal to provide our customers with the highest level of safety and a best-in-class experience while using our fully autonomous vehicles. You will work with a team of world-class engineers with diverse backgrounds such as robotics, control, and vehicle engineering, to deliver vehicle performance using virtual tools and methodologies. In taking on the virtual and physical durability development you will work in predicting where the vehicle is within its lifespan and providing maintenance scenarios and optimization strategies. Working in a startup environment gives you the chance to unleash your creativity and make a big difference in the final product.
The Reliability Engineer, Electrical Systems is required to be fully vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus. An applicant is considered fully vaccinated two weeks after their second dose in a 2-dose series, such as the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines, or two weeks after a single-dose vaccine, such as Johnson & Johnson’s Janssen vaccine. Applicants will be required to show proof of vaccination status upon receipt of a conditional offer of employment. That conditional offer of employment will be conditioned upon, among other things, an Applicant’s ability to show proof of vaccination status. Please note the Company provides reasonable accommodations in accordance with applicable state, federal and local laws.
- Establish and refine the system/component-level targets for reliability performance of the sensors (including LiDAR, radar, and camera components), AI compute system and other automotive electronic control units (ECU) in collaboration with internal stakeholders on the Advanced Hardware team and the Vehicle Systems Engineering EE team.
- Drive the design failure mode and effects analysis process (DFMEA) for relevant sensors, high-performance computers, and ECUs to capture the salient reliability performance risks and the appropriate risk mitigation activities.
- Use reliability targets, risk information from DFMEAs, and reliability physics of failure to work with validation engineers in developing virtual and physical test plans to prove out the designs and demonstrate the required reliability performance of the relevant sensors, high-performance computers, and ECUs.
- Pave the way from development to field deployment by developing and deploying the systems necessary to identify reliability performance improvement opportunities and drive the implementation of corrective actions.
- Masters-level engineering or similar technical degree with 10+ years hands-on experience in Reliability Engineering.
- Detailed understanding of relevant sensors, high-performance computers, and ECUs, and typical failure modes and test methods for these components.
- Deep understanding of reliability data analysis and risk assessment, and how to develop component reliability targets based on functional safety and business objectives.
- Experience in failure mode assessment accelerated reliability testing, and advanced field reliability monitoring concepts.
- Personable with the ability to lead and coach a high caliber engineering team toward world-class levels of reliability/dependability.
- ASQ Certified Reliability Engineer, or similar professional recognition
- An understanding of ISO 26262 Functional Safety
Employees working in this position will be required to have received a single dose of the J&J/Janssen COVID-19 vaccine OR have completed the two-dose Pfizer or Moderna vaccine series. In addition, employees will be required to receive a COVID-19 booster vaccine by the earlier of (1) April 15 or (2) within two months of becoming eligible for the booster vaccine.
Employees will be required to show proof of vaccination status upon receipt of a conditional offer of employment. That offer of employment will be conditioned upon, among other things, an Applicant’s ability to show proof of vaccination status. Please note the Company provides reasonable accommodations in accordance with applicable state, federal, and local laws.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.