Mechanical Serviceability Engineering Intern
Fleet OperationsApply for this position
As a BaseOps Serviceability Intern, you will help support part-by-part breakdowns of our L3 vehicle fleet to improve serviceability. You will help provide insight on repair sequencing, time studies, safety-critical torque joints, and the transfer of pertinent field-level knowledge. You will also support the development of technical documentation which provides information to our frontline team. Lastly, you will work cross-functionally to identify opportunities to improve upon all actions taking place inside Zoox service and remanufacturing facilities
- Currently working towards a B.S., M.S., Ph.D. or advanced degree in a relevant program and within 1 year of graduation. For undergraduates, we are accepting only juniors and seniors
- Minimum of a 3.5 gpa
- At least one previous industry internship or co-op in relevant area
- Ability to relocate to the Bay Area, California
- Interns at Zoox may not use any proprietary information they are working on as part of their thesis, any published work with their university, or to be distributed to anyone outside of Zoox.
- Pursuing a Bachelor's degree in Manufacturing, Industrial, Mechanical, or Automotive Engineering, or Automotive Technology
- Practical experience in vehicle maintenance/repair activities and technical documentation
- Practical understanding of math and drawings for assembly, and component part breakdown for service part determination
- Practical understanding of Bill of Material or Parts Catalog management
- Practical experience in determining standard labor operation times
- Proficiency with MS Office suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) or Google Suite (Gmail, Calendar, Drive, Docs, Sheets, Slides, Forms)
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Exhibit high attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task and manage workload to achieve project deliverable deadlines
- Ability to approach the role with a can-do, team-player attitude
Bonus Points (Optional)
- Experience in the automotive industry or a manufacturing setting
- Practical experience with CAD / Math / Drawing development and release
- Experience with CATIA, JIRA, Confluence
Employees working in this position will be required to be fully vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus. An applicant is considered fully vaccinated two weeks after their second dose in a 2-dose series, such as the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines, or two weeks after a single-dose vaccine, such as Johnson & Johnson’s Janssen vaccine. Applicants will be required to show proof of vaccination status upon receipt of a conditional offer of employment. That offer of employment will be conditioned upon, among other things, an Applicant’s ability to show proof of vaccination status. Please note the Company provides reasonable accommodations in accordance with applicable state, federal and local laws.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.