Vehicle Data Science Lead
Vehicle DevelopmentApply for this position
The Vehicle Development team is responsible for the design, manufacture and testing of our purpose-built autonomous vehicle. As part of this team, you will work closely with hardware and software teams, providing data-driven insight to support issue resolution and drive vehicle reliability and performance across our fleet. You will liaise with the Data team, establishing best practices & defining requirements for modern data analysis tooling & pipeline to support data-driven decision making at scale across the Vehicle Development organization.
- Collaborate with vehicle development teams to ensure the performance and reliability of our vehicle platform
- Define strategy for growing vehicle development data analytics capabilities & capacity
- Establishing best practices and statistical rigor around data-driven decision-making
- Liaise with software data team to align on strategy & execution
- Experience driving data-driven decision-making at various levels in an organization
- Strong analytical skills
- Sound statistical inference skills, with the ability to communicate uncertainty appropriately to engineering and business stakeholders
- Strong communicating skills and ability to translate data into meaningful insights to both technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Experience analyzing performance and reliability of vehicle systems (e.g. propulsion system, friction brakes, suspension, tires, etc.)
- Familiarity with Python or data analysis programming languages
- Familiarity with SQL
- Familiarity with Spark or large-scale data analysis
- Familiarity with CAN communications
Employees working in this position will be required to be fully vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus. An applicant is considered fully vaccinated two weeks after their second dose in a 2-dose series, such as the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines, or two weeks after a single-dose vaccine, such as Johnson & Johnson’s Janssen vaccine. Applicants will be required to show proof of vaccination status upon receipt of a conditional offer of employment. That offer of employment will be conditioned upon, among other things, an Applicant’s ability to show proof of vaccination status. Please note the Company provides reasonable accommodations in accordance with applicable state, federal and local laws.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.