Data Scientist - Perception Verification & Validation
SoftwareApply for this position
The Perception Verification & Validation team leverages data from our autonomous vehicles and operations to determine autonomy and service readiness. We provide the foundation for strategic decision-making at Zoox. You will develop and implement the next generation of our data pipeline to ensure visibility into our business as we scale toward the launch of an autonomous mobility service. You will define the system and build the pipeline to enable Zoox to develop and scale with a data-first culture.
You will join a diverse, experienced team with rapidly growing scope and responsibility while also having access to one of the most unique data sets in the autonomous vehicle industry. Hence, we are seeking all skill levels to grow with the team.
- Collaborate with our Perception team to validate and ensure the safety of our software
- Generate realistic and accurate models to measure Perception impact of simulated collisions
- Build reliable metrics to predict Perception impact on end-to-end behavior in Urban Driving environments and define correlation with data collected by the fleet
- Model the observed Perception errors to be able to characterize the influence that a specific Perception error may have had in a simulated scenario
- Define key performance metrics that will help Perception engineers to directly measure the impact of the new features they are developing not only on the Perception stack but also on the end-to-end behavior
- Experience designing metrics and building mechanisms to fuel business insights
- Familiarity with Python
- Experience with Spark or large-scale data analysis
- Familiarity with statistical frameworks such as Numpy, Scipy, or Pandas
- Background in Bayesian statistics
- Sound statistical inference skills, with the ability to communicate uncertainty appropriately to engineering and business stakeholders
- Good communication and collaboration skills
- Basic fluency in C++
- Experience with Perception, Prediction, or planner modules
- Familiarity with or exposure to Artificial Intelligence, machine learning, or computer vision
- Experience with Looker, Tableau, or Databricks
Employees working in this position will be required to have received a single dose of the J&J/Janssen COVID-19 vaccine OR have completed the two-dose Pfizer or Moderna vaccine series. In addition, employees will be required to receive a COVID-19 booster vaccine by the earlier of (1) April 15 or (2) within two months of becoming eligible for the booster vaccine.
Employees will be required to show proof of vaccination status upon receipt of a conditional offer of employment. That offer of employment will be conditioned upon, among other things, an Applicant’s ability to show proof of vaccination status. Please note the Company provides reasonable accommodations in accordance with applicable state, federal, and local laws.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.