MES Integration Engineer
Manufacturing OperationsApply for this position
As an MES Integration Engineer, you should have extensive technical knowledge and experience in MES system development, implementation, and Operation Support. You will design, develop, implement, and test MES solutions as well as support MES operations during production.
Your responsibilities include gathering user requirements, defining system functionality, writing scripts and/or code in various languages, such as Java, or .NET programming languages (e.g. C++, C#, or JScript.NET.) as well as working with the MES System Supplier Technical Team to implement MES in the plant. You should be familiar with the system development life cycle from preliminary system analysis to tests and deployment. Additionally, You will work with Manufacturing Engineers and production personnel to resolve any MES-related issues during vehicle manufacturing at Zoox facilities.
- Implement and test complex MES solutions using both custom-developed software applications and off-the-shelf MES software platforms.
- Develop processes and methods to incorporate diagnostics information into MES.
- Work closely with MES System Supplier implementation team to ensure successful implementation of MES system.
- Lead and/or participate in MES application design and code reviews.
- Create and execute MES system test cases.
- Perform day-to-day Manufacturing Execution System (MES) operation support at Zoox Facilities
- Verifying MES servers are up and functioning daily before production starts
- Troubleshooting and resolving any MES data collection issues
- Creating shop orders and Shop Floor Control orders
- Managing torque tool availability in MES system per production needs
- Working with process engineers to adjust MES component consumption records when required
- Generating production summary and detailed reports and update build status for the daily production meeting
- Generating other MES reports when required.
- Identify and document enhancements needed in MES.
- Be willing to travel moderately (10 – 20% on average) to support plant implementations, supplier interactions, or as requested by management.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Electrical Engineering or a related field required (Master’s preferred);
- Minimum of 5 years relevant experience in MES implementation projects in a manufacturing environment (requirements analysis, design definition, software development, and solutions implementation);
- 3+ years of Hands-on Experience with SAP ME/Mii/PCo and Kepware applications
- Advanced programming skills with high-level programming languages (e.g. C#, Java, C++, etc.);
- Working knowledge of SQL Server and literacy in Microsoft development software and .NET environment;
- Ability to understand complex manufacturing processes and systems;
- Customer-focused, positive, supportive, self-motivated, considerate personality required – must work well in a team environment
- Experience in the automotive manufacturing environment.
- Experience in implementing and/or integrating manufacturing automation solutions;
- Experience in creating automated scripts and software;
- Experience with torque tool configurations;
- Familiarity with HTML5 and CSS programming;
- Familiarity with PLC programming;
- Experience in interfacing SAP ERP systems
Employees working in this position will be required to be fully vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus. An applicant is considered fully vaccinated two weeks after their second dose in a 2-dose series, such as the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines, or two weeks after a single-dose vaccine, such as Johnson & Johnson’s Janssen vaccine. Applicants will be required to show proof of vaccination status upon receipt of a conditional offer of employment. That offer of employment will be conditioned upon, among other things, an Applicant’s ability to show proof of vaccination status. Please note the Company provides reasonable accommodations in accordance with applicable state, federal and local laws.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.