Quality Engineer, General Assembly Quality Audit & Factory Gate
Corporate QualityApply for this position
Zoox is building the quality team that will take our first-in-class autonomous robot from development to commercialization. GA Quality Audit & Factory Gate Quality engineers will report to the Production Quality Support Manager and will support production quality audits and factory gate activities to ensure vehicles delivered to Zoox for L3 and L5 fleets meet quality expectations.
- Investigate and triage mechanical, electrical or electro-mechanical vehicle production issues.
- Manage quality issue tracking and drive root cause analysis (RCA) and corrective actions (CA) for non-conformances identified during production quality audits.
- Use 6 sigma quality tools to setup, monitor, and analyze production vehicle quality.
- Perform production quality audits for both L3 & L5 vehicles.
- Generate and review quality inputs to the factory gate process.
- Perform inventory containment and material disposition activities.
- Manage containment activities in WIP, receiving inspection, and work with responsible part owners and supplier quality engineers.
- Lead continuous improvement efforts to increase the effectiveness and efficiency of the production quality audit and factory gate processes.
- Collaborate with other members of the quality team to develop key quality specifications and vehicle auditing procedures.
- Technical degree such as electrical, mechanical, or industrial engineering
- 2 years of applied quality tools and techniques
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated proficiency performing RCA & CA
- 2 years of product design experience (mechanical or electrical)
- 5+ years of experience in quality engineering
- Experience with bug tracking & inventory management systems (e.g., Jira & SAP)
- Formula SAE experience
- Automotive experience at the OEM or Tier I level
- Manufacturing engineering experience
Employees working in this position will be required to have received a single dose of the J&J/Janssen COVID-19 vaccine OR have completed the two-dose Pfizer or Moderna vaccine series. In addition, employees will be required to receive a COVID-19 booster vaccine by the earlier of (1) April 15 or (2) within two months of becoming eligible for the booster vaccine.
Employees will be required to show proof of vaccination status upon receipt of a conditional offer of employment. That offer of employment will be conditioned upon, among other things, an Applicant’s ability to show proof of vaccination status. Please note the Company provides reasonable accommodations in accordance with applicable state, federal, and local laws.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.