Vehicle DevelopmentApply for this position
As a member of the Body and Exterior Systems team, you will have the opportunity to come on board at the start of the development of the next generation of mobility vehicles. As the Body Structures Engineer you will work across all aspects of the body including the body-in-white structures, crash structures, underbody, surface technologies and the integration of these systems into an brand new vehicle architecture.
As an individual, or as the lead, you will work to ensure successful delivery of systems and assemblies, from conception through to start of production. Crucial to this success will be driving and managing key relationships with Zoox’s supplier network while Zoox maintains a lean and agile cross functional team in-house. You will use your knowledge to direct the technical effort, your expertise to ground the team and your excellent communication and inter-personal skills to motivate and lead as we take a new path to redefine a traditional and well established industry.
- Manage the delivery of the body structure (body in black) for the Zoox L5 Vehicle program
- Manage target delivery
- Define requirements, specifications of body systems to achieve best in class performance in structural, weight, NVH and crash performance
- Establish body structure system architecture
- Undertake feasibility and prototype testing of novel body solutions
- Conceptualize, design, engineer and release, develop and launch body systems and components
- Validate performance of body systems
- Engage and inform the studio engineering process from the point of view of body systems, specifically the body-in-white
- Support material and manufacturing process decisions
- Ensure design release and validation
- Manage and collaborate with key suppliers
- Develop processes, procedures and best practices for Body design and development
- B.S. in Mechanical Engineering equivalent or higher
- Five years minimum experience in automotive body system design and development
- Successful delivery of a production product in one or more of the body systems
- Knowledge of automotive body materials and manufacturing processes, specifically advanced composites
- Proficiency in CATIA V5 or V6 within a product development environment
- Expertise in composite material body design and DFM
- Experience in engineering best practices including design for six sigma (DFSS)
- Ability to implement GD&T and dimensional engineering principles in design
- Experience with the development of specifications, DFMEAs, DVP’s and PVP’s, APQP and other technical and quality assurance processes
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of artificial intelligence, robotics, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.