ExperienceApply for this position
Creative Technologists at Zoox build novel vehicle experiences by blending visual, sonic and interaction design into immersive experiences for design iteration and user research studies. As members of the Experience team, Creative Technologists are embedded in our human-centered design process to develop and test new UX touchpoints and content. Bridging the gap between design vision and production reality, creative technologists also collaborate with Zoox’s software, firmware, and hardware teams to translate design prototypes into Zoox’s fully autonomous fleet.
- Work with cross-functional teams to ideate, prepare, and execute Zoox vehicle experiences
- Prepare and execute experience research studies on L5 vehicle platform
- Manage regular tests to provide feedback for the development of prototyping tools
- Shape the future of autonomous mobility through visual, sonic and interaction design
- Work dynamically across programming languages, organizational structures and test rigs to translate design intention into software/hardware reality
- 2+ years of experience programming in python and C++
- Experience working closely with technical and design focused teams
- Experience working with custom hardware and/or sensor inputs in dynamic environments/installations
- Background in design principles and processes
- Familiarity with audio processing, DSP, or sensor fusion
- Experience with APIs/Automation for design tools (Figma, Adobe Premiere, Reaper DAW)
- Past creative applications of OpenCV, openFrameworks or other video processing frameworks
Employees working in this position will be required to have received a single dose of the J&J/Janssen COVID-19 vaccine OR have completed the two-dose Pfizer or Moderna vaccine series. In addition, employees will be required to receive a COVID-19 booster vaccine by the earlier of (1) April 15 or (2) within two months of becoming eligible for the booster vaccine.
Employees will be required to show proof of vaccination status upon receipt of a conditional offer of employment. That offer of employment will be conditioned upon, among other things, an Applicant’s ability to show proof of vaccination status. Please note the Company provides reasonable accommodations in accordance with applicable state, federal, and local laws.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.