Foster City, CA • Full-time Perceived Craftsmanship Attribute Engineer
Perceived Craftsmanship Attribute Engineer
At Zoox we have set the goal to provide our customers with a high quality product, while also delivering the highest level of safety while using our fully autonomous vehicles. You will work with a team of world-class engineers with diverse backgrounds in areas such as robotics, controls, and vehicle engineering, to develop perceived workmanship targets and objectives and ensure the vehicle delivers against those goals. In taking on ownership of the vehicle attribute status and working with the attribute, program, hardware and fleet management teams, you will be an integral link to successfully developing and delivering a high quality product to market.
- Own Vehicle Integration perceived craftsmanship attribute
- Develop vehicle level targets for perceived workmanship and cascade those requirements to the engineering teams, working to ensure alignment and feasibility of designs
- Work closely with the Studio and Geometric integration teams to drive consistency in the design and vision of the product
- Create and follow a development plan aligned with high level program milestones, identifying needed resources and key deliverables
- Define highly subjective targets and create clear evaluation criteria for the product to ensure maximum value-add to the product
- Assess current product maturity on a periodic basis to identify issues and assess overall attribute status against the agreed upon targets. Track status gaps to targets across the attribute and drive root cause analyses as well as robust issue resolution
- Report out attribute status and escalate critical issues as appropriate.Balance attribute delivery against competing requirements including cost, mass, safety, and timing
- Stay up to date and in tune with the current automotive landscape and competitive benchmarks.
- Engineering degree with at least 5 years hands on experience in automotive or related full product level perceived workmanship/quality attribute development
- An exceptional eye for detail and good industrial design
- Excellent organizational, communications and collaboration skills
- Experience with requirements management software
- Strong ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Efficient in CAD tools
- Experience utilizing GD&T in an engineering environment.
Employees working in this position will be required to have received a single dose of the J&J/Janssen COVID-19 vaccine OR have completed the two-dose Pfizer or Moderna vaccine series. In addition, employees will be required to receive a COVID-19 booster vaccine by the earlier of (1) April 15 or (2) within two months of becoming eligible for the booster vaccine.
Employees will be required to show proof of vaccination status upon receipt of a conditional offer of employment. That offer of employment will be conditioned upon, among other things, an Applicant’s ability to show proof of vaccination status. Please note the Company provides reasonable accommodations in accordance with applicable state, federal, and local laws.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.