Director, Supplier Quality
Procurement & Strategic PartnershipsApply for this position
This role reports to the Vice President of Procurement & Strategic Partnerships. As a Director of Supplier Quality, you will be responsible for providing leadership across Zoox and its supply base to ensure world class quality of product and services feeding into Zoox vehicle platforms and associated infrastructure. The individual will be responsible for leading a team of Supplier Quality Engineers to develop and execute strategies to establish and maintain a robust, end-to-end quality system, encompassing both advanced and current / sustaining supplier performance, as well as drive continuous improvements in the quality of products and services within the Zoox supply base. Additionally, the Director of Supplier Quality has responsibility for ensuring Zoox suppliers comply with relevant policies, procedures and regulatory requirements.
- Collaborate with Vehicle Engineering, Advanced Hardware Engineering, Manufacturing Operations, Software, Corporate Quality and other organizations to ensure the selection and management of best-in-class suppliers who will meet Zoox’s unique requirements.
- Architect Zoox’s supplier quality strategy, processes and associated documentation and system(s).
- Establish strategies that lead to sustainable improvements in the defined quality metrics and ensure a proactive approach to prevent quality issues within the global supply base.
- Lead and ensure appropriate execution of the supplier assessment and qualification process for the Advanced Product Quality Process (APQP) framework.
- Establish agreed metrics / key performance indicators (KPIs) to measure supplier product quality such as cost of poor quality, defective parts per volume, non-conformances, etc.
- Partner with Zoox Strategic Sourcing Management in the definition and implementation of a strategic program that identifies, develops, and monitors underperforming suppliers.
- Continue to lead, grow and mentor the Supplier Quality organization, to include engaging in long-term organizational design, team building and hiring, retention and continuous training.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering with minimum 10 years of experience in Supply Chain, Manufacturing, Sourcing, Engineering and/or Supplier Quality with a significant period spent in dealing with supplier quality issues. Some automotive industry experience required.
- Thorough knowledge of and experience with ISO (International Organization for Standardization) standards and Automotive Industry Action Group (AIAG) standards.
- Advanced and proven leadership and team-building skills. Minimum 8 years of experience leading teams with 2+ years managing managers.
- Adept at problem solving / root cause analysis (e.g. Lean Six Sigma).
- Sound knowledge of quality/manufacturing processes especially with product categories such as sheet molded composite, stamping, casting, machining, injection molding, electronics, and related assembly methods.
- Demonstrated ability to work cross-functionally across cultures globally, both internally and externally.
- Advanced project management skills with the ability to influence change across a global operation.
- Advanced ability to communicate effectively and with impact across all levels from the front line to CEO and CTO.
- Master's degree.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.