Design Engineer, Seating Systems
Vehicle DevelopmentApply for this position
As an Engineer – Seating Systems in Zoox’s Vehicle Engineering Team, you will be responsible for design, release, and launch of components within the seating system for Zoox vehicles. You will be part of the team that creates and executes world-class seating in terms of form, function, and durability.
You will utilize your expertise to develop as a full vehicle engineer – designing and delivering systems rather than just components as you work with a lean and agile team. You will report to the Manager- Seat Engineering and this position resides in Zoox’s Vehicle Engineering Team.
- Design of automotive component parts in CATIA V6.
- Develop and execute seat system requirements.
- Participate in the iterative process with the Zoox design/styling studio to deliver the optimal balance of form vs. function vs. cost
- Implement processes and material selections to achieve world class durability, reliability and fit & Finish of automotive interiors.
- Complete and release seating components, sub-system and detail designs, utilizing a mix of in-house design and supplier engineering where required.
- Interpret CAE simulation results and integrate recommendations into product design.
- Collaborate with key seat system and plastic component suppliers and support overall vehicle development milestones and prototype/production build events.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams within the Zoox Vehicle Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering and Procurement groups to ensure seat system manufacturing and assembly feasibility and serviceability.
- Responsible for technical documentation to include DFMEAs, DVP&R’s.
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering (Other Disciplines considered with experience) with a minimum of 5 years of experience on component and subsystem engineering (OEM or Tier I level), demonstrating technical aptitude from concept through release and launch for production and 3D modeling proficiency in CATIA V5 or the equivalent in experience.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment with a high number of unknowns.
- Strong working knowledge of Design for Manufacturing, including familiarity with GD&T and dimensional engineering.
- Experience with technical documentation in at least 1 full lifecycle vehicle programs to include DVP&R and DFMEA.
- Experience Managing technical suppliers
- Demonstrated an ability to manage difficult projects with tight timing constraints.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.