Safety & Policy Internship/Co-op
Safety, Policy, and Regulatory AffairsApply for this position
The Safety and Policy Team at Zoox is a cross-functional organization, responsible for advancing Zoox’s public policy goals and creating a proactive safety culture across the company. The Safety and Policy Intern will lead a critical independent safety policy/process initiative and support the team’s safety and policy efforts.
As a 2023 intern on this team, you will have a valuable opportunity to tackle a substantive, independent project, while also supporting the team’s overall mission. They will have the opportunity to develop relationships, conduct internal projects, and help us with external outreach.
Please submit a cover letter along with your resume. This can be done as a separate attachment, or in the additional information section on the application.
- Currently working towards a B.S., M.S., or advanced degree in a relevant program.
- Good academic standing
- Can commit to at least a 12-week internship
- At least one previous industry internship, co-op, or project completed in a relevant area
- Ability to relocate to the Bay Area, California for the duration of the internship
- Interns at Zoox may not use any proprietary information they are working on as part of their thesis, any published work with their university, or to be distributed to anyone outside of Zoox.
- Excellent leadership, project management, and organizational skills
- High-level research and report writing abilities
- Experience with data, data mining, or data analysis
- Experience with analytical modeling
- Interest in public policy at federal, state, or local government levels
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree
Employees working in this position will be required to have received a single dose of the J&J/Janssen COVID-19 vaccine OR have completed the two-dose Pfizer or Moderna vaccine series. In addition, employees will be required to receive a COVID-19 booster vaccine by the earlier of (1) April 15 or (2) within two months of becoming eligible for the booster vaccine.
Employees will be required to show proof of vaccination status upon receipt of a conditional offer of employment. That offer of employment will be conditioned upon, among other things, an Applicant’s ability to show proof of vaccination status. Please note the Company provides reasonable accommodations in accordance with applicable state, federal, and local laws.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.