Cybersecurity Threat & Risk Analyst
SoftwareApply for this position
As a member of the Product Security team at Zoox, you will be responsible for designing and developing security-related functionality for vehicle software systems and associated infrastructure. We are looking for individuals with a stellar software engineering background, and strong experience in computer security. If your joy in finding system vulnerabilities is only surpassed by the joy of building systems that are, by design, immune to those vulnerabilities, we should talk.
Examples include designing and implementing secure boot and network authentication schemes across compute modules of varied capabilities; building and supporting binary artifact signing infrastructure; conceiving Identity and Access Management (IAM) schemes for end users, operations personnel and embedded modules; a Key Management System (KMS) that works across vehicles and cloud infrastructure; vehicle attack surface analysis and mitigation; secure software development practices and analysis.
- Understand and analyze a complex product comprising of a variety of modern technologies and create/maintain a model for cybersecurity risk.
- Collaborate with development, product, and business teams to identify threat actors and threats, and build threat models.
- Provide both a qualitative and quantitative perspective of risk in each area.
- Competently maintain a long-term relationship with stakeholder product teams to socialize risk, propose or analyze mitigation strategies, and be the champion of both high-level and tactical thinking in the domain.
- BS in a hard science or engineering major. MS+ preferred.
- Experience in analyzing complex cyber-physical products for cybersecurity risk.
- Understanding of the inherent risks, some hands-on experience with them, and ability to reason about these risks both qualitatively and quantitatively with the following technologies: Cloud services, Datacenter-hosted Internet-facing services, Custom hardware and embedded software, In-house SDLC (Software Development Lifecycle), Cellular networks, Sensors (such as Lidar, Radar, Cameras)
Employees working in this position will be required to be fully vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus. An applicant is considered fully vaccinated two weeks after their second dose in a 2-dose series, such as the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines, or two weeks after a single-dose vaccine, such as Johnson & Johnson’s Janssen vaccine. Applicants will be required to show proof of vaccination status upon receipt of a conditional offer of employment. That offer of employment will be conditioned upon, among other things, an Applicant’s ability to show proof of vaccination status. Please note the Company provides reasonable accommodations in accordance with applicable state, federal and local laws.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.