Banbury, UK • Full-time CAE Engineer, Safety Structures
CAE Engineer, Safety Structures
At Zoox we have set the goal to provide our customers with the highest level of safety while using our fully autonomous vehicles. You will work with a team of world-class engineers with diverse backgrounds such as robotics, control, and vehicle engineering, to deliver the vehicle performance using virtual tools and methodologies. In taking on the virtual vehicle safety structure performance development, in collaboration with structural architect and system leads, you will work in optimizing the vehicle structure to meet each of the safety performance targets in front, side, and rear crash.
The CAE Engineer, Safety Structures is required to be fully vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus. An applicant is considered fully vaccinated two weeks after their second dose in a 2-dose series, such as the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines, or two weeks after a single-dose vaccine, such as Johnson & Johnson’s Janssen vaccine. Applicants will be required to show proof of vaccination status upon receipt of a conditional offer of employment. That conditional offer of employment will be conditioned upon, among other things, an Applicant’s ability to show proof of vaccination status. Please note the Company provides reasonable accommodations in accordance with applicable state, federal and local laws.
- Lead the virtual vehicle structural safety performance development in close collaboration the system engineering teams for front, side, and rear crash
- Organize and direct weekly / daily CAE meetings with the Zoox CAE team and service suppliers
- Maintain up-to-date virtual DVPs and execute accordingly
- Generate virtual analysis engineering reports
- Lead virtual and physical correlation - working closely with the vehicle safety leads
- Provide countermeasures / design solutions to performance issues, working closely with engineering to execute the changes
- Report out at project gateways and key engineering meetings
- Ensure virtual tools, methodologies and correlation are in place to improve virtual predictive quality for crash safety
- CAE Process improvement initiatives
- Masters degree in mechanical engineering, or related field, and 10+ years of automotive experience
- Knowhow of LS-Dyna, ANSA, Primer, and Hyperworks
- Proven experience leading teams and CAE projects from concept to production
- Background in vehicle safety CAE performance development
- Strong analytical and communication skills
Employees working in this position will be required to have received a single dose of the J&J/Janssen COVID-19 vaccine OR have completed the two-dose Pfizer or Moderna vaccine series. In addition, employees will be required to receive a COVID-19 booster vaccine by the earlier of (1) April 15 or (2) within two months of becoming eligible for the booster vaccine.
Employees will be required to show proof of vaccination status upon receipt of a conditional offer of employment. That offer of employment will be conditioned upon, among other things, an Applicant’s ability to show proof of vaccination status. Please note the Company provides reasonable accommodations in accordance with applicable state, federal, and local laws.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.