Vehicle Dynamics Engineer
Vehicle DevelopmentApply for this position
At Zoox we have set the goal to provide our customers with a premium ride experience while using our fully autonomous vehicles. You will work with a team of world-class engineers with diverse backgrounds such in robotics, control, and vehicle engineering.
You will take ownership of the Vehicle Dynamics performance, working with physical and virtual testing, providing direction to the various chassis areas, vehicle control engineers, CAE team, and other Vehicle Integration Attribute areas to assure an excellent vehicle ride quality, a responsive and controllable robot platform that provides confidence and trust to the occupants. Working at a startup gives you the chance to manifest your creativity and make a big difference in the final product.
- You will develop key vehicle dynamics metrics and targets using physical tests and CAE data
- You will lead the vehicle dynamics development and requirements cascading to key chassis, body, and control subsystems on how to achieve the vehicle dynamics attribute targets
- You will lead the passive and active suspension tuning
- You will support performance balancing with the other Vehicle Integration Attributes and software controls development
- You will develop physical and virtual DVP's (development and validation plan) with HW manager, and execute accordingly
- You will support active safety performance development and validation to be on par with the automotive industry
- Extensive experience in vehicle dynamics performance development
- Experience in vehicle dynamics CAE development tools: MSC Adams, CarMaker and Matlab/Simulink
- Masters Degree in mechanical engineering, or related field
Employees working in this position will be required to have received a single dose of the J&J/Janssen COVID-19 vaccine OR have completed the two-dose Pfizer or Moderna vaccine series. In addition, employees will be required to receive a COVID-19 booster vaccine by the earlier of (1) April 15 or (2) within two months of becoming eligible for the booster vaccine.
Employees will be required to show proof of vaccination status upon receipt of a conditional offer of employment. That offer of employment will be conditioned upon, among other things, an Applicant’s ability to show proof of vaccination status. Please note the Company provides reasonable accommodations in accordance with applicable state, federal, and local laws.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.