Thermal Integration Attribute Lead
Vehicle DevelopmentApply for this position
As Thermal Attribute Lead you will play a critical role in developing solutions for everything thermal on Zoox robots. You will lead the efforts of integration engineers in the areas of Cabin Comfort, Heat Protection, and Thermal Systems Integration. You will lead the cascade of requirements to subsystems and components, and lead the efforts to develop, test, and validate the delivered solutions. You will report regularly to leadership the status of the attributes and progress to attribute goals. If you are excited about solving difficult problems and have a passion for redefining the typical automotive passenger experience, we want to hear from you!
The Thermal Integration Attribute Lead is required to be fully vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus. An applicant is considered fully vaccinated two weeks after their second dose in a 2-dose series, such as the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines, or two weeks after a single-dose vaccine, such as Johnson & Johnson’s Janssen vaccine. Applicants will be required to show proof of vaccination status upon receipt of a conditional offer of employment. That conditional offer of employment will be conditioned upon, among other things, an Applicant’s ability to show proof of vaccination status. Please note the Company provides reasonable accommodations in accordance with applicable state, federal and local laws.
- Lead vehicle level thermal attribute target setting
- Lead requirements cascade to subsystems and components, and reciprocal acceptance of the following robot attributes: Heat Protection/Heat Management, HVAC/Cabin Comfort, & robot thermal systems (heating and cooling)
- Lead all advanced concept thermal attribute workstreams
- Lead all serial development thermal attribute workstreams
- Develop and maintain a high-level attribute development plan, tracking all systems from concept through to production
- Facilitate the refined definition of objective attribute targets and lead efforts to document and track targets within Zoox systems
- Prepare and present thermal attribute status per milestone
- Track open issues and ensure progress to closure using Zoox systems (Jira, Confluence)
- Support weekly attribute meetings to ensure alignment between attributes and working cooperatively with system owners to deliver to requirements
- Routinely present and report status to the wider vehicle attribute team
- Experience in vehicle integration/attributes management, preferably within the automotive sector
- Previous experience working in advanced or early concept phases
- The ability to communicate a vision for their attributes and motivate others to that vision
- Proven track record of fostering a sense of urgency amongst teams while maintaining a collaborative and upbeat environment
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.