Foster City, CA • Full-time Test Engineer, EE Systems Integration Lab
Test Engineer, EE Systems Integration Lab
As part of the EE Systems Integration team, you will be responsible for assuring that electrical, electronic, and mechatronic systems are defined, specified, manufactured, integrated, and tested into systems and vehicles with a maximum of reliability and performance. We foster communication amongst teams and work cross-functionally to deliver robust electrical and electronic systems to Zoox. Our team is collaborative, open, and always interested in learning something new. You’ll be part of a passionate team dedicated to making cities safer, smarter, and more sustainable.
In the EE Systems Integration Lab, you will work with a team at the cutting edge of integrating and testing our complex electrical systems into autonomous driving machines. You will be responsible for executing the earliest system tests critical to the development of all electrical, electronic, and mechatronic systems. Your tools will be our test bucks and robots, and the computers, data acquisition, simulation environments (dSpace, CarMaker), and fault injection hardware which gives us these valuable insights into our product.
- You will communicate with test requesters to understand test needs, priority, and timing
- You will operate and perform tests (following test plan) on bucks and hardware-in-the-loop electrical systems
- You will take test requests, plan and schedule test activities
- You will develop automated testing platform on Dyno asset for SW validation
- You will work with technicians to define, design, and manufacture test fixtures
- You will configure test assets and data acquisition and perform system tests
- You will troubleshoot mechanical and electrical issues
- You will produce test reports and issue reports
- 5+ years’ work experience in testing/engineering
- BS or higher in electrical/electronics technology, or equivalent
- Experience executing structured hardware, software or firmware tests
- Experience configuring and using data acquisition equipment
- Experience with CAN or ethernet diagnostic tools
- Able to communicate complex technical issues in simple, definitive and accurate terms
- Familiar with operating dSpace products and software
- Experience with CAD software
- Experience diagnosing CAN or ethernet network issues
- Experience with D-space products and software
- Coding capabilities, such as Python or C++
Employees working in this position will be required to have received a single dose of the J&J/Janssen COVID-19 vaccine OR have completed the two-dose Pfizer or Moderna vaccine series. In addition, employees will be required to receive a COVID-19 booster vaccine by the earlier of (1) April 15 or (2) within two months of becoming eligible for the booster vaccine.
Employees will be required to show proof of vaccination status upon receipt of a conditional offer of employment. That offer of employment will be conditioned upon, among other things, an Applicant’s ability to show proof of vaccination status. Please note the Company provides reasonable accommodations in accordance with applicable state, federal, and local laws.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.