Manufacturing OperationsApply for this position
As a CNC Programmer at Zoox, you'll interface with a broad range of Engineers and Craftspeople to build hardware systems for our Vehicle, Compute, Sensor, and testing fleets. Core values include a positive outlook, good interpersonal skills, and a desire to affect a company genuinely trying to change the world. Familiarity with names like Hermle, DMG Mori, Siemens and Heidenhain, Lang, Haimer, and Robotic Solutions will give you a head start at Zoox. Your experience in a professional and well-equipped CNC shop and positive outlook in a team environment will serve equally well on the path to success. Our team encompasses everything from prototyping to manufacturing operations. Career growth will be at your disposal. We serve an entire company and often volunteer to step outside our disciplines to help all that ask. If this sounds like the position you're looking for, we look forward to meeting you.
- Manufacturing parts from one-off prototypes to short-run production in a variety of materials
- Programming 5-axis CNC machines using HyperMILL
- Designing and machining of fixtures to hold components during machining operations
- Setup and teardown of CNC machines
- Interfacing with people across the company to acquire the correct set of data needed to make components
- Assisting in ordering materials and tools for the machine shop
- Developing and maintaining digital tooling and work holding databases
- Working with engineering teams to provide DFM feedback for machined components
- Extensive experience as a 5-axis CNC mill machinist
- 6+ years of experience as a CNC programmer using state-of-the-art CAM systems with 3D simulation and collision detection capabilities
- Familiarity with Heidenhain and Seimens CNC controls
- Strong CAD skills
- Understand and interpret GD&T and dimensional drawings
- Ability to troubleshoot and provide solutions to challenging problems
- Willingness to learn and utilize new software packages
- Specific experience with HyperMILL CAM software
- Knowledge of JIRA, Solidworks, CATIA, 3DX, ENOVIA
- Large-scale robotic milling of soft materials using KUKA/RSI robots
- Familiarity with CNC turning machines, tooling, and processes
- Experience with Esprit CAM software
- CMM experience
Employees working in this position will be required to have received a single dose of the J&J/Janssen COVID-19 vaccine OR have completed the two-dose Pfizer or Moderna vaccine series. In addition, employees will be required to receive a COVID-19 booster vaccine within two months of becoming eligible for the booster vaccine.
Employees will be required to show proof of vaccination status upon receipt of a conditional offer of employment. That offer of employment will be conditioned upon, among other things, an Applicant’s ability to show proof of vaccination status. Please note the Company provides reasonable accommodations in accordance with applicable state, federal, and local laws.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.