Manager, Manufacturing Diagnostics
Manufacturing OperationsApply for this position
As our Manager, Manufacturing Diagnostics, you will lead our Manufacturing Systems Diagnostics team to execute vehicle bring-up and diagnostic activities such as testing the electrical and firmware systems of our vehicles, resolving any electrical system issues, as well as performing the End of Line diagnostics during the manufacturing process.
You are also responsible for working with cross-functional teams from Vehicle Engineering, Software and Firmware Engineering, Hardware and Software Integration, and other Manufacturing Operations teams to formulate short and long-term vehicle bring-up and diagnostics strategies and define and implement a Manufacturing Diagnostics System to support the Zoox Manufacturing requirements.
You will work with relevant leaders and teams to develop specific Manufacturing Diagnostics Engineering Team roadmaps, project schedules, identify milestones, flag risks, estimate budgets, track costs, and clearly communicate ongoing progress.
At Zoox, you will collaborate with a team of world-class engineers and technicians with diverse backgrounds in areas such as automotive and robotics. Working at a startup gives you the chance to manifest your creativity and provide a high impact on the final product.
- Work with department leaders to translate the top-down corporate strategy and milestones into detailed concepts, roadmaps, timelines, and deliverables that are relevant to the Manufacturing Diagnostics team’s activities
- Interact with cross-functional leaders to convey Manufacturing Diagnostics requirements and work with them to define support resource requirements and tasks to support the achievement of the team’s deliverables
- Represent Manufacturing Diagnostics team in cross-functional project activities related to manufacturing software release management process and plans
- Manage the Diagnostics Engineering Team to design, implement, execute, and standardize manufacturing diagnostics systems and processes
- Lead the activities to design, develop and implement a Manufacturing Diagnostics system to bring up and validate vehicle systems and functions, meeting Zoox’s and industry manufacturing requirements
- Support day-to-day vehicle bring up and diagnostics operations at the factory
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant area such as Computer Science or Engineering
- 10+ years of experience with automotive controllers integration testing and vehicle electrical system bring-up activities in an automotive production environment
- Good knowledge in Vehicle Electrical Architecture - CAN/LIN/Ethernet
- Experience in integration and automation of manufacturing and test equipment
- Customer-focused, positive, supportive, self-motivated, considerate personality required – must work well in a team environment
- Proven leadership experience and skills
- Master’s degree in engineering
- Significant experience in industry vehicle diagnostics standards and commercially available systems that support vehicle bring up and diagnostics operations in a mass production environment
- Strong understanding of the electrical and software architecture of modern automotive vehicles
Employees working in this position will be required to have received a single dose of the J&J/Janssen COVID-19 vaccine OR have completed the two-dose Pfizer or Moderna vaccine series. In addition, employees will be required to receive a COVID-19 booster vaccine by the earlier of (1) April 15 or (2) within two months of becoming eligible for the booster vaccine.
Employees will be required to show proof of vaccination status upon receipt of a conditional offer of employment. That offer of employment will be conditioned upon, among other things, an Applicant’s ability to show proof of vaccination status. Please note the Company provides reasonable accommodations in accordance with applicable state, federal, and local laws.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.