Senior Database Administrator
Information TechnologyApply for this position
This individual will have the opportunity of not only architecting, designing and implementing traditional relational and non-relational databases, but will also be instrumental in helping to optimize our multi-petabyte robot data for high performance access using traditional and non-traditional database techniques. While helping to optimize our existing and new traditional database systems, this person will have the opportunity to learn and work with multi-petabyte clustered high performance storage systems and help design, build, deploy and maintain such systems with the rest of the storage team.
- Architect, design, build and maintain traditional relational and non-relational databases including on-prem and hosted solutions
- Teach other storage team members basic and intermediate DBA tasks to help with maintenance and incidents
- Help architect, design, build, implement and maintain a new robot data system in conjunction with stakeholders across the organization while providing backwards compatibility
- Work with the storage team to architect, design, build, implement and maintain the multi-petabyte high performance storage system
- Expert in relational database technologies (MySQL, PostgreSQL, OracleDB, RDS, etc) and can tune storage, memory, security settings for optimal performance as well as detect and help optimize slow queries. Can configure and support SQL clusters with active/read-only and active/active configurations
- Experience with non-relational database technologies (MongoDB, DynamoDB, Cassandra, etc)
- Is passionate about data access optimization and performance
- Strong project management and organization skills
- Experience in Linux system administration
- Experience with SAN or NAS systems or Linux storage system technologies
- Ability to design creative and elegant solutions
- Ability to program in scripting or compiled languages (Python, BASH, Perl, C, C++, Rust, etc)
- Experience with S3 or cluster storage solutions (Ceph, Luster, Gluster, etc)
- Infrastructure Automation (puppet, chef, ansible, saltstack)
- Experience with web services (Nginx, Varnish, Apache, HA Proxy)
- Knowledge of virtual platforms (vSphere, Xen, Docker, or KVM)
Employees working in this position will be required to be fully vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus. An applicant is considered fully vaccinated two weeks after their second dose in a 2-dose series, such as the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines, or two weeks after a single-dose vaccine, such as Johnson & Johnson’s Janssen vaccine. Applicants will be required to show proof of vaccination status upon receipt of a conditional offer of employment. That offer of employment will be conditioned upon, among other things, an Applicant’s ability to show proof of vaccination status. Please note the Company provides reasonable accommodations in accordance with applicable state, federal and local laws.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.