Manufacturing Diagnostics Engineer
Manufacturing OperationsApply for this position
As our Manufacturing Diagnostics Engineer, you will be a part of the Manufacturing Diagnostics Engineering team to implement and execute diagnostic systems and processes to bring up, validate, test, and troubleshoot the electrical and firmware systems of a vehicle and perform the End-of-Line diagnostics during the manufacturing process.
- Develop and implement a system to install, bring up, and test the vehicle Electronic Control Unit (ECU) firmware and Primary Control Unit (PCU) software during manufacturing processes.
- Develop and implement a system to bring up and validate the vehicle's electrical system during manufacturing processes.
- Develop and implement a system to manage End-of-Line (EOL) test equipment and perform diagnostics on the data collected by EOL systems.
- Work closely with multidisciplinary engineers to collect and interpret the component and vehicle level requirements and translate them into a scalable system-level validation procedure to be performed during the vehicle integration process.
- Identify the root causes of issues during vehicle bring-up, firmware update, and calibration process and work with Zoox software and EE team engineers to develop proper resolutions.
- Develop engineering tools to support activities such as software flashing, diagnostic services, and engineering data exchange. This may include working collaboratively with vendors to formulate and build applications and tool customizations to optimize and automate the software updating.
- Provide on-site support for manufacturing partners to manage vehicle bring-up including troubleshooting of vehicle systems, end-of-line testing, and sensor calibration.
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant area such as Computer Science or Engineering,
- 3+ years of experience with automotive controllers integration testing and vehicle electrical system bring-up activities
- Strong understanding of the electrical and software architecture of modern automotive vehicles, including CAN/LIN/Ethernet
- Experience in Python programming
- Fundamental understanding of mechanical systems, sensors, and actuators as well as ECU communication
- Experience with integration and automation of manufacturing and test equipment
- Customer-focused, positive, supportive, self-motivated, considerate personality required – must work well in a team environment
- Master’s degree in a relevant area such as Computer Science or Engineering
- Experience in high-level language programming such as Java, C#, etc.
- Experience with failure analysis methodologies like FMEA and fault trees
- Ability to understand complex manufacturing processes and systems
- Ability to manage complex projects and keep projects on track
Employees working in this position will be required to have received a single dose of the J&J/Janssen COVID-19 vaccine OR have completed the two-dose Pfizer or Moderna vaccine series. In addition, employees will be required to receive a COVID-19 booster vaccine within two months of becoming eligible for the booster vaccine.
Employees will be required to show proof of vaccination status upon receipt of a conditional offer of employment. That offer of employment will be conditioned upon, among other things, an Applicant’s ability to show proof of vaccination status. Please note the Company provides reasonable accommodations in accordance with applicable state, federal, and local laws.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.