Senior Counsel, Product
LegalApply for this position
Zoox is looking for an energetic, self-starting attorney to join our growing legal team and Zoox’s mission to create the first ground-up and purpose-built autonomous vehicle mobility service.
In this role, you will serve as Zoox’s first product counsel and the primary attorney responsible for counseling Zoox on a broad range of product, safety, product liability, compliance, technology, privacy, inclusivity, marketing, and payment-related matters. Primary duties include owning legal counseling in a wide range of legal areas, including safety, product compliance, privacy, marketing, and inclusivity. Duties will also include significantly assisting on FMVSS compliance and product liability matters.
This role will be Zoox’s first dedicated product counsel and will have significant room for growth as Zoox’s operation matures. This role will report to Zoox’s General Counsel.
- Working closely with various safety and software teams on safety-related and product liability issues, including providing training to engineering teams on such topics
- Partnering with General Counsel, Chief Safety Innovation Officer, and Policy & Regulatory team on FMVSS compliance, incident response, and other various automotive regulatory and compliance issues
- Working closely with other teams across Zoox, including software, experience, and vehicle engineering, on general product compliance and inclusivity efforts
- Leading cross-functional privacy efforts and initiatives with various stakeholders across Zoox, including InfoSec and software, to help create Zoox’s privacy framework and infrastructure
- Partnering with marketing and communications to review external content for various issues including: FTC, SEC, false advertising, and PR
- 7-9+ years handling product and compliance issues in the hardware or automotive spaces, preferably both in-house and at a law firm
- JD with outstanding academic credentials and one state bar with the ability to register in California as an in-house counsel
- Experience working with business and technology teams implementing product and privacy compliance initiatives
- Experience working on a product or service launch
- Experience working with business and engineering teams creating complex technologies or automotive products
- Experience with safety, litigation, or product liability issues
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with lots of room for innovation and decision-making
- Proven record of juggling multiple projects at once and delivering on time
- Great business and legal judgment, and the ability to work flexibly with a variety of teams
- Inquisitive, willing to learn new things, and takes initiative to solve problems
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.