CAE Engineer, Occupant Safety
Vehicle DevelopmentApply for this position
At Zoox we have set the goal to provide our customers with the highest level of safety while using our fully autonomous vehicles. You will work with a team of world-class engineers with diverse backgrounds such as vehicle engineering, software and robotics, to deliver the Vehicle safety performance targets. Leading the CAE occupant safety simulation activities through the virtual and physical development phases, you will sign off virtual performance to the latest certification and consumer tests. Using FE model analysis, subsystem tests, reporting and excellent communication skills to give clear inputs to the safety attribute team to ensure vehicle safety targets are met. Working in an agile business gives you the chance to manifest your creativity, in design and CAE capability to make a big difference in the final product.
- Take ownership of the occupant safety CAE and support balancing with other Vehicle Integration Attributes.
- Work with the Safety attribute lead on load case development and methodologies.
- Support vehicle level occupant safety targets to support the Zoox safety strategy.
- Lead and support the setting up of sled, restraints and full vehicle CAE occupant models.
- Lead the correlation virtual to physical.
- Compile weekly status and support virtual DVPs.
- Review and author CAE analysis reports.
- Report out at project gateways.
- Escalate gaps in performance and define countermeasure plans / design solutions.
- Lead the process development and alignment across the CAE occupant team.
- Masters degree in mechanical engineering, or related field.
- Experienced with FMVSS and other legal and consumer safety protocols.
- Extensive expert experience in virtual development in occupant safety CAE, using latest dummy models, LS-Dyna, Primer, Ansa, Meta, HW, scripting.
- Proven track record of leading teams and up-to-date hands-on experience of running LS-Dyna occupant models.
- Strong analytical and communication skills.
Employees working in this position will be required to have received a single dose of the J&J/Janssen COVID-19 vaccine OR have completed the two-dose Pfizer or Moderna vaccine series. In addition, employees will be required to receive a COVID-19 booster vaccine by the earlier of (1) April 15 or (2) within two months of becoming eligible for the booster vaccine.
Employees will be required to show proof of vaccination status upon receipt of a conditional offer of employment. That offer of employment will be conditioned upon, among other things, an Applicant’s ability to show proof of vaccination status. Please note the Company provides reasonable accommodations in accordance with applicable state, federal, and local laws.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.