Senior Human Factors Engineer
Safety, Policy, and Regulatory AffairsApply for this position
The Human Factors Engineer will join the Safety and Policy Group. You will be responsible for applying human factors engineering methods throughout the design, development, and evaluation process to impact Zoox safety systems.
- Apply Human Factors and Ergonomics (HF/E) techniques and principles at all phases of technology and process development, from concept definition through detailed design and testing
- Lead aspects of research projects including: meeting with stakeholders, scoping projects, choosing the appropriate methodology(s), apply quantitative and qualitative methods to generate hf/e requirements, create research plans, conduct evaluations, synthesize findings, and write actionable reports
- Present results of field observations, research, and usability testing to stakeholders to impact technology development and operations to senior leadership
- Collaborate cross-functionally with Product, Operations, Engineering, as well as Design and Software groups, and others as requested
- Educate peers on human factors principles, methods, and outcomes and how they apply to Zoox projects
- Bachelor’s and Master’s Degree in human factors, human-computer interaction (HCI), psychology, computer science, statistics, social sciences, anthropology, industrial design, or equivalent
- At least 7 years of Human Factors or relevant work experience in an operational domain (e.g. automotive, aviation, healthcare, energy, etc.)
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills in written and verbal form
- Strong qualitative and quantitative research skills
- PhD in relevant field
- Experience appropriately scoping projects for high growth startups
- Experience introducing new products to market and/or affecting field operations
Employees working in this position will be required to be fully vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus. An applicant is considered fully vaccinated two weeks after their second dose in a 2-dose series, such as the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines, or two weeks after a single-dose vaccine, such as Johnson & Johnson’s Janssen vaccine. Applicants will be required to show proof of vaccination status upon receipt of a conditional offer of employment. That offer of employment will be conditioned upon, among other things, an Applicant’s ability to show proof of vaccination status. Please note the Company provides reasonable accommodations in accordance with applicable state, federal and local laws.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.