Senior/Staff GPU Performance Engineer
Advanced Hardware EngineeringApply for this position
The Systems Engineering and Integration group at Zoox is looking for a senior GPU performance engineer for our L5 autonomous driving platforms. At Zoox, we are committed to our mission of autonomous driving with real-time, low-latency workload optimization to deliver ride services with increasingly complex driving situations (and therefore more challenging workload situations, particularly with a GPU as an integral portion of the architecture).
In this position, you will be part of a systems team with expertise in performance modeling, analysis, and validation of system-level features for autonomous driving that must meet real-time latency and utilization constraints.
- Apply your C++ and GPU performance skills to develop and maintain functional and performance models
- Design, develop, and document tools to analyze deep learning workloads and other workloads of interest to validate and study new features
- Work with developers to understand new workloads and features in order to analyze their performance
- Optimize critical aspects of the system running on GPU architectures
- Build and improve tools for coverage analysis, end-to-end latency, and utilization reporting
- Develop real-time / low-overhead monitoring systems on the vehicle
- Thrive in a matrix environment with many experienced software developers and performance engineers
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Architecture, Computer Science or related field (EE, ECE, etc) or equivalent experience
- Strong programming ability in C, C++. Scripting in Perl and/or Python
- Knowledge of GPU compute and performance frameworks and APIs
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, highly collaborative, dynamic environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of NVIDIA APIs (CUDA, NVML, CUPTI, TensorRT, CUDNN, CUBLAS, Triton) and MLPerf
- Successful product development experience in performance modeling and analysis
There are three major components to compensation for this position: salary, Amazon Restricted Stock Units (RSUs), and Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights. The salary range for this position is $180,000 to $296,000. A sign-on bonus may be offered as part of the compensation package. Compensation will vary based on geographic location and level. Leveling, as well as positioning within a level, is determined by a range of factors, including, but not limited to, a candidate's relevant years of experience, domain knowledge, and interview performance. The salary range listed in this posting is representative of the range of levels Zoox is considering for this position.
Zoox also offers a comprehensive package of benefits including paid time off (e.g. sick leave, vacation, bereavement), unpaid time off, Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights, Amazon RSUs, health insurance, long-term care insurance, long-term and short-term disability insurance, and life insurance.
Employees working in this position will be required to have received a single dose of the J&J/Janssen COVID-19 vaccine OR have completed the two-dose Pfizer or Moderna vaccine series. In addition, employees will be required to receive a COVID-19 booster vaccine within two months of becoming eligible for the booster vaccine.
Employees will be required to show proof of vaccination status upon receipt of a conditional offer of employment. That offer of employment will be conditioned upon, among other things, an Applicant’s ability to show proof of vaccination status. Please note the Company provides reasonable accommodations in accordance with applicable state, federal, and local laws.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.