Manager, Rider and Teleoperations
Fleet OperationsApply for this position
Fleet Operations is at the vanguard of operations at Zoox. Today, our various teams are charged with executing across vehicle operations, teleoperations, and engineering support for our robot fleet. In preparation for our commercial launch, we have created a new Rider Operations team within Fleet Operations. They are the primary support to our Riders. We also have a well established team of Teleoperations that provides remote support to our Robotaxi Fleet. We are seeking an experienced manager of managers, that will grow 2 teams that are integral to R&D development, whilst being a core part of the overall Rider experience at commercialization.
Reporting to the Director, Fleet Operations, you will be responsible for ensuring the success of all customer interactions for our Robotaxi service. This role is especially challenging because it combines the delivery of traditional customer service with specialized real-time rider support during customer rides, as well as supporting the technical development of tools that provide remote guidance to both the Robotaxi and Rider. You will be a big part of creating brand new products and services that allow both teams to understand what is happening in and around our vehicles. As a ‘leader of leaders’, your teams will be the human partner to the robot AI, providing an amazing customer support experience to our customers. The role will require working across the Product, Experience, SW, and the wider Fleet Operations teams to help define and execute the roadmap for our rider operations service. It requires empathy and creativity, as much as a data-driven approach to inform product and process design.
- Building and leading an awesome team of Teleoperations and RiderOps Managers and Specialists, with empathy and expertise.
- Design and iterate strategic vision for RiderOps and TeleOps collaborative operating model at scale, leveraging past experience to serve as a subject matter expert and ensuring roadmap aligns with company long-term goals.
- Serve as an advocate with strong credibility and influence in the organization, building relationships with cross-functional leaders (e.g PM, ProdMgt, & SW) and prioritizing / appropriately scoping new tasks.
- Manage long-term planning and budgeting, including resourcing needs.
- Providing effective prioritization and delegation, working closely with the Director and other leadership, to proactively identify risks and mitigation strategies to de-risk and accelerate goals.
- Building strong relationships with executives and other key stakeholders to provide an understanding of the current state of Rider and Tele Operations and forecast availability of resources.
- Working effectively in the gray space; bringing clarity to uncertainty, to enable tactical and strategic decision making.
- 7+ years of innovative management experience in leading customer operations, technical product operations or customer service development.
- Demonstrated ability to develop diverse and exceptional teams from scratch.
- Demonstrated ability to define, streamline, and mature operations over time.
- Prior experience developing and using data and metrics to support strategic decision-making.
- Demonstrated ability to concisely and effectively communicate at all levels of an organization.
- Superior people and stakeholder management skills.
- BA/BS in management, business or associated degree.
There are three major components to compensation for this position: salary, Amazon Restricted Stock Units (RSUs), and Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights. The salary range for this position is $114,000 to $205,000. A sign-on bonus may be offered as part of the compensation package. Compensation will vary based on geographic location and level. Leveling, as well as positioning within a level, is determined by a range of factors, including, but not limited to, a candidate's relevant years of experience, domain knowledge, and interview performance. The salary range listed in this posting is representative of the range of levels Zoox is considering for this position.
Zoox also offers a comprehensive package of benefits including paid time off (e.g. sick leave, vacation, bereavement), unpaid time off, Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights, Amazon RSUs, health insurance, long-term care insurance, long-term and short-term disability insurance, and life insurance.
Employees working in this position will be required to have received a single dose of the J&J/Janssen COVID-19 vaccine OR have completed the two-dose Pfizer or Moderna vaccine series. In addition, employees will be required to receive a COVID-19 booster vaccine within two months of becoming eligible for the booster vaccine.
Employees will be required to show proof of vaccination status upon receipt of a conditional offer of employment. That offer of employment will be conditioned upon, among other things, an Applicant’s ability to show proof of vaccination status. Please note the Company provides reasonable accommodations in accordance with applicable state, federal, and local laws.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.