Senior/Staff Network Architect
Advanced Hardware EngineeringApply for this position
Zoox is seeking a highly motivated, energetic Automotive Network Architect to lead and drive system technical designs and roadmaps. You will oversee and analyze key system architectural and implementation trade-offs in a distributed networking system, within and to a vehicle, taking into consideration systems requirements such as time synchronization, bandwidth, and security.
- Analyze business requirements to develop networking, related security solutions, and their framework
- Drive validation plan and execution to ensure network architecture / design is meeting the specifications.
- Configure network drivers; analyze and engineer software functions for execution.
- Work with cross-functional engineering managers and architects on hardware and software-enabling technologies
- Perform network modeling, analysis, and planning.
- Build internal and external system networking and security specifications; assess vendor development/test strategies.
- Stay abreast of how technology infrastructures are currently impacting and driving competitors.
- Write functional requirements/specifications documents.
- Perform network troubleshooting to isolate and diagnose common network problems.
- Influence product direction and develop networking technology roadmaps across groups
- 10+ years of Engineering Experience
- 3+ years experience with high performance networking and synchronization applications
- Expertise in at least one high-precision timing and synchronization standard: IEEE 1588, IEEE 802.1AS, AUTOSAR time synchronization
- Expertise in Automotive Ethernet, CAN, LIN, WLAN, and LTE networking
- Expertise in network security
- Strong understanding of Linux timing and synchronization concepts and libraries
- Knowledge of C and/or C++
There are three major components to compensation for this position: salary, Amazon Restricted Stock Units (RSUs), and Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights. The salary range for this position is $180,000 to $296,000. A sign-on bonus may be offered as part of the compensation package. Compensation will vary based on geographic location and level. Leveling, as well as positioning within a level, is determined by a range of factors, including, but not limited to, a candidate's relevant years of experience, domain knowledge, and interview performance. The salary range listed in this posting is representative of the range of levels Zoox is considering for this position.
Zoox also offers a comprehensive package of benefits including paid time off (e.g. sick leave, vacation, bereavement), unpaid time off, Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights, Amazon RSUs, health insurance, long-term care insurance, long-term and short-term disability insurance, and life insurance.
Employees working in this position will be required to have received a single dose of the J&J/Janssen COVID-19 vaccine OR have completed the two-dose Pfizer or Moderna vaccine series. In addition, employees will be required to receive a COVID-19 booster vaccine within two months of becoming eligible for the booster vaccine.
Employees will be required to show proof of vaccination status upon receipt of a conditional offer of employment. That offer of employment will be conditioned upon, among other things, an Applicant’s ability to show proof of vaccination status. Please note the Company provides reasonable accommodations in accordance with applicable state, federal, and local laws.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.