Senior Market Researcher
ExperienceApply for this position
As the Senior Market Researcher within the Experience team at Zoox, you will join a team of designers and researchers to invent and design innovative solutions that our customers will choose and love. You will work on our operation org to make strategic decisions and run the design process on key work streams and initiatives. You will lead and champion a customer-centered design process and culture.
We are seeking an experienced Senior Market Researcher who has an impressive portfolio of service research work. You are a big picture thinker and masterful storyteller who can help to cut across research questions and initiatives and generate salient impactful strategies. We are thinking end-to-end about UX and developing frameworks that inspire work across the product organization. In this role you will help us to ask new strategic questions, identify areas of inquiry, run strategic research programs, develop product strategy frameworks, create system and stakeholder maps, conceptualize frameworks, and iterate service blueprints. You will drive cross-functional collaboration to answer questions about product-market-fit.
- Run collaborative cross-functional strategic market research programs from end-to-end leveraging methodologies to suit the question - market segmentation, competitive analysis, ethnography, trends analysis, benchmark studies, experiments, and co-creation exercises
- Perform UX research methodologies to understand people’s need, intention, mental model and potential impact on their behavior and decision making, including customer needs and use case analysis, building personas, survey, and facilitate focus groups
- Drive change by translating research insights into persuasive narratives that inspire innovative solutions and inform key designs and decisions
- Develop concise, visually compelling stories that distill brand and service strategies in inspiring presentations, maps, frameworks, and strategies
- Craft and champion actionable recommendations to integrate with stakeholder workflows and improve operations, processes, and service
- Understand and translate complex technical and business needs into insights and action plans
- Develop highly visual frameworks, maps, and conceptual models to articulate complex ideas in intuitive strategic presentations
- 5+ years of relevant market research and user research experience in a commercial organization
- Proven track record in with both qualitative and quantitative research
- Skilled in integrating consumer research and large amounts of internal and external data (quantitative and qualitative) to develop strategic and actionable recommendations
- Knowledge of analytic and modeling tools (transactional level, segmentation/targeting using behavioral and demographic data preferred)
- Experience working with product managers and has impact on the roadmap and guild the product requirements document
- A proven track record of successful partnership with product marketing managers, designers, analysts, engineers, and other business partners
- Confident communicator, storyteller and influencer. Passion for exploring emerging technologies and making a positive impact on customers’ lives through your work
- History of developing and successfully implementing scalable solutions to complex problems within a rapidly-evolving organization
- Experience of launching or growing products in a new market
- Experience bringing nascent/pre-commercial technology to market
- Experience working in mobility and/or transportation
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.