Compute & Control Systems Engineer
Advanced Hardware EngineeringApply for this position
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of artificial intelligence, robotics, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
As a compute & control systems engineer in Advanced Hardware Engineering (AHE), you will be responsible for developing and documenting component requirements for compute and control modules. You will interface with departments across Zoox to develop a system level understanding of how the AHE hardware will enable critical operational functions. You will work closely with architects (HW & SW), design, safety, manufacturing, and test engineers to ensure that requirements are verified throughout the engineering development process. Your assessments will be critical to meet milestones as we develop new generations of hardware.
- Engage with product, HW/SW engineering, production, safety, and business departments to iteratively develop and build requirements for compute and control modules
- Document requirements and ensure traceability across specifications and tests
- Work with test engineers to build validation plans, ensure the requirements are properly tested, analyzed and evaluated. Support compute and control system troubleshooting to diagnose system problems
- Coordinate with program management to develop long term hardware development plans for new generations of hardware
- Review and approve architecture proposals and design verification plans
- Work with joint development manufacturers and coordinate external product development relations
- Collaborative team player with strong written and in-person communication skills
- Experience with automotive compute and/or control systems
- B.S. or higher degree in Aerospace, Automotive, Robotics, Computer Science, Electrical, Mechanical, or Systems Engineering
- 3+ years of relevant work experience with emphasis on systems level design and validation
- Experience with product development cycle management from concept to product manufacturing and deployment
- Analytical skills and passion for writing clear, concise, and verifiable requirements
- Familiarity with common industry technologies and protocols including I2C, UART, SPI, CAN, LIN, USB
- Knowledge of x86/Compute architecture
- Experience in functional safety
- Experience with hazard analysis, functional decomposition, validation, and verification
- Strong EE fundamentals with familiarity in microcontroller based systems, high speed signals, sensing and power electronics
- System development experience within standards such as: ISO-26262, ARP4754A, ARP4761, DO-178C, DO-254, IEC 61508
- Experience using requirements management tools such as Polarion (preferred), DOORS or Jama
Employees working in this position will be required to have received a single dose of the J&J/Janssen COVID-19 vaccine OR have completed the two-dose Pfizer or Moderna vaccine series. In addition, employees will be required to receive a COVID-19 booster vaccine within two months of becoming eligible for the booster vaccine.
Employees will be required to show proof of vaccination status upon receipt of a conditional offer of employment. That offer of employment will be conditioned upon, among other things, an Applicant’s ability to show proof of vaccination status. Please note the Company provides reasonable accommodations in accordance with applicable state, federal, and local laws.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.