Manufacturing Process Quality Engineer
Manufacturing OperationsApply for this position
The Manufacturing Process Quality Engineer will ensure that all processes that are conducted as part of the assembly, bring-up, and End-of-Line (EOL) testing of our vehicles will meet the high-quality standard of Zoox. This includes the development and implementation of In-Line and End-of-Line quality checks as well as driving the root cause resolution of any issues that occur during the manufacturing process. As part of a daily routine, the Manufacturing Process Quality Engineer will interact with many different parties including Corporate Quality, Vehicle Engineering, Supplier Quality, and Software.
- Development and integration of quality and functional checks into the manufacturing process
- Conduct root-cause analysis for any assembly related issues
- Development, implementation, and optimization of End-of-Line process
- Creating and maintaining of PFEMAs
- Development and Implementation of control plans
- Analysis of quality data to improve the assembly and test process
- Work cross-functionally to help resolve supplier quality or design-related issues that occurred during the manufacturing process
- Contribute to the definition and improvement of Zoox Quality Policy and Manual.
- Create the procedures, instructions, and processes that will allow Zoox to align with the international standards for Quality Systems (IATF 16949, ISO 9000, and similar).
- Engineering Degree in the respective field (Manufacturing, Electrical, Mechanical, Industrial)
- Minimum 3 years of experience in quality/manufacturing engineering
- Experience with creating FMEA process / Control Plan / APQP
- Able to work fully independent with minimal supervision
- Automotive OEM or Tier 1 supplier experience
- Process Improvement certification (Lean Six Sigma / Shainin)
- CATIA V5/V6 experience
Employees working in this position will be required to have received a single dose of the J&J/Janssen COVID-19 vaccine OR have completed the two-dose Pfizer or Moderna vaccine series. In addition, employees will be required to receive a COVID-19 booster vaccine by the earlier of (1) April 15 or (2) within two months of becoming eligible for the booster vaccine.
Employees will be required to show proof of vaccination status upon receipt of a conditional offer of employment. That offer of employment will be conditioned upon, among other things, an Applicant’s ability to show proof of vaccination status. Please note the Company provides reasonable accommodations in accordance with applicable state, federal, and local laws.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.