User Researcher, Vehicle Operations
ExperienceApply for this position
As the User Researcher for Vehicle Operations, you will work closely with design, product, and engineering teams to identify problems and help develop solutions that will contribute to progress on company initiatives. Your work will make a direct impact on the day-to-day operations of our vehicles as well as solving some of the greatest challenges of our expanding and evolving operations team. You will play a pivotal role in addressing known problems and assisting our cross-functional teams solving the right problems, not just their symptoms. We are looking for someone who is hungry for knowledge, able to question the status quo, and can help the team set a path in unchartered territory.
The Ops Experience Research team centers itself on creating an inclusive and psychologically safe environment to drive success for individuals and the team. We strive to be good collaborators who help cross-functional teams solve their problems. A requirement for our success is our ability to welcome all relevant parties into our process. We trust one another and our partners, while also understanding that different points of view enhance insights.
Check out this video of what we help make possible.
- Lead kick-off meetings with cross-functional teams using collaboration methods to uncover the root problem and gain alignment with stakeholders.
- Select the appropriate research methods to understand internal users’ workflow and mental models likely through contextual inquiry, prototyping, building personas, and facilitating workshops.
- Conduct research that allows the team to gain clarity into how users work, identify unmet needs and pain points, to guide the development of tools and organizational changes that will improve fleet efficiency and progress towards Zoox’s milestones and goals.
- Deliver insights with appropriate narrative framing to guide immediate changes, the team’s vision, and roadmap decisions.
- Present findings and recommendations to improve the experiences of users, be a staunch advocate for users in cross-functional meetings, and raise questions or challenge assumptions that may fail to be in the best interest of our users.
- Manage expectations and interests of a diverse set of stakeholders while maintaining a human-centered posture.
- 5-8 years of relevant work experience
- Experience working with enterprise or internal users
- Experience working with technical users and products
- Experience working with tools used in field operations
- Experience working with communication systems
- Experience working with travel or transport systems
- Experience with product inclusivity and accessibility
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.