Feature Integration Engineer
Vehicle DevelopmentApply for this position
The Feature Integration team at Zoox is responsible for defining feature requirements for our L5 autonomous vehicle and service. You will develop engineering-level feature requirements, while partnering with cross-functional teams to integrate all systems together within the vehicle. As a Feature Integration Engineer, you will be responsible for delivering a portfolio of vehicle and/or user features to support the Zoox mission. You will be challenged to solve real-world functional system integration problems with a team of world-class engineers. We are looking for an engineer that is passionate about autonomous driving and has strong problem-solving skills.
The Feature Integration Engineer is required to be fully vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus. An applicant is considered fully vaccinated two weeks after their second dose in a 2-dose series, such as the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines, or two weeks after a single-dose vaccine, such as Johnson & Johnson’s Janssen vaccine. Applicants will be required to show proof of vaccination status upon receipt of a conditional offer of employment. That conditional offer of employment will be conditioned upon, among other things, an Applicant’s ability to show proof of vaccination status. Please note the Company provides reasonable accommodations in accordance with applicable state, federal and local laws.
- Develop vehicle system features stemming from customer needs, both internal and external
- Work as a feature owner with product experience team, software, hardware, electrical engineers, and HMI to define detailed system requirements and architectures
- Lead and track cross-functional development efforts, issue escalation and resolution, and serve as point-person for overall feature integration
- Lead report out of metrics for feature integration projects
- Support test case development and verification of system level function on multiple mediums
- BS or equivalent in Mechanical, Electrical, or Software Engineering
- Minimum 2 years of experience
- Experience writing functional and system requirements based on customer need
- Knowledge of vehicle engineering or software development process
- Familiarity with CAN networks and vehicle system architecture
- Experience with managing complex system interactions
- Excellent writing skills, organization, verbal communication, leadership skills, and deadline driven
- 5+ years of experience
- Experience working in electrical integration, CAN/LIN system architecture definition, ECU design and release
- Experience working with complex electrical, electronic, and software-controlled systems
- Experience working on HMI projects
- Working knowledge of requirements management tools (Polarion, JIRA)
- Project management experience
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.