Vehicle DevelopmentApply for this position
At Zoox we have set the goal to provide our customers with the highest level of safety while using our fully autonomous vehicles. You will work with a team of world-class engineers with diverse backgrounds such as robotics, control, and vehicle engineering, to deliver the vehicle performance using virtual tools and methodologies. You will work with the structures team in capturing materials data within the vehicle integration team to support correlation and development of material models to represent composites, metallic/non-metallic structures. Working at a startup gives you the chance to manifest your creativity and make a big difference in the final product.
- You will manage material testing schedule
- You will manage the preparation of samples for destructive testing, where samples will need to be machined from simple plates as well as complex parts
- You will execute standard tensile and compression tests on a universal testing machine and dynamic test rigs
- You will execute wear, abuse, durability and corrosion testing
- You will compile summary reports and data archiving
- You will develop the materials test lab
- Bachelors in material science and/or mechanical engineering
- At least 3 years in materials test lab desired
- Must have worked with metallics and /or polymer materials before
- Mechanical mindset with good practical skills
- Able to use precision tools to machine repeatable and accurate samples
- Keen desire to learn about material testing methods and procedures
- Capable to prepare and test samples
Employees working in this position will be required to be fully vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus. An applicant is considered fully vaccinated two weeks after their second dose in a 2-dose series, such as the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines, or two weeks after a single-dose vaccine, such as Johnson & Johnson’s Janssen vaccine. Applicants will be required to show proof of vaccination status upon receipt of a conditional offer of employment. That offer of employment will be conditioned upon, among other things, an Applicant’s ability to show proof of vaccination status. Please note the Company provides reasonable accommodations in accordance with applicable state, federal and local laws.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.