System Validation Engineer
Vehicle DevelopmentApply for this position
Zoox is looking for a system validation engineer to lead the validation of our complex electrical systems. In this role, you will be responsible for validating system requirements. You will be part of a team that develops, validates, and continuously improves the robot’s features and capability to production maturity. You will engage cross-functional teams and hold yourself, teammates, and the larger organization accountable for meeting requirements. You will also be responsible as an expert on validation for a handful of systems on the vehicle, enabling you to deep dive into issues and help deliver our robot.
The Systems Engineer is required to be fully vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus. An applicant is considered fully vaccinated two weeks after their second dose in a 2-dose series, such as the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines, or two weeks after a single-dose vaccine, such as Johnson & Johnson’s Janssen vaccine. Applicants will be required to show proof of vaccination status upon receipt of a conditional offer of employment. That conditional offer of employment will be conditioned upon, among other things, an Applicant’s ability to show proof of vaccination status. Please note the Company provides reasonable accommodations in accordance with applicable state, federal and local laws.
- Develop overall validation strategy for related systems and collaborate with other validation teams to ensure complete test coverage is implemented
- Develop and execute firmware/hardware integration test plans on new hardware components and firmware features
- Troubleshoot and root cause electrical system-level issues during system bring-up in manufacturing and fleet operation settings
- Feedback to System Integration Engineers for design-related issues and collaborate on containments/long-term solutions
- Examine log data and source code to identify and debug issues at the system level
- Collaborate across mechanical, electrical, system architecture, firmware development, and firmware validation teams to understand new component level hardware/software changes being developed and identifying test plans to validate the changes
- Conduct initial system bring-up and perform integration tests at the vehicle level to validate design assumptions
- Develop early prototypes and test benches to de-risk new technologies
- BS or higher in electrical/electronics/systems/mechanical engineering or related field
- 2-5 years of experience in system validation, systems integration, or related field
- Experience debugging complex electrical, electronic, and software-controlled systems
- Experience diagnosing CAN, LIN or Ethernet network issues
- Experience in MATLAB, Python, C++ or equivalent tools for modeling and analysis
- Able to communicate complex technical issues in simple, definitive and accurate terms
- Experience with Vector tools
- Experience in failure analysis, fault trees or hazard and risk analysis
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.