Advanced Hardware EngineeringApply for this position
At Zoox, you’ll collaborate with a team of world-class engineers with diverse backgrounds in areas such as AI, robotics, machine learning, localization, computer vision, and simulation. You’ll master new technologies while working on Hardware designs, algorithms, and research in your area of expertise to create and refine key systems and move Zoox forward.
We are looking for individuals with experience in designing and validating audio subsystems to work with the signal processing team at Zoox. You will work on developing end-to-end systems for our external and internal audio hardware systems. You will be expected to work closely with our Acoustics, Hardware design, HMI and sensor teams to develop testing methodologies and hardening the acoustics performance for a seamless audio and perception experience.
- BS or MS in a relevant degree (CS/CE, EE, ME etc.)
- Minimum of 4 years of industry experience in performing acoustic testing and measurements under automotive, cellular, transducer development or related industry
- You’ll be responsible for the design and validation of Zoox audio hardware systems.
- The ideal candidate is expected to possess a deep understanding of acoustic design methodologies and how audio hardware and software relate to each other
- This involves microphone component selection and stackup design: building the microphone front cavity and gasket to improve the acoustic performance and durability.
- In terms of testing and validation, the ideal candidate needs to be experienced with designing test fixtures for module, subsystem and vehicle level performance tests.
- In addition, you will work closely with the reliability team to plan the tests, debug hardware acoustic issues and write test reports.
- As an acoustic engineer, you will also work with the manufacturing team to develop and support end of the line (EoL) transducer validation algorithms and metrics.
- Experience with hardware bring-up and debugging
- Shell scripting and Software development skills, in C/C++, Python and/or Matlab
- The ability to develop audio quality metrics using objective evaluation techniques and tools including PESQ and/or POLQA
- Experience in one or more of areas related to acoustic echo cancellation and noise reduction, speech enhancement and speech/audio coding and compression
- Additional responsibilities include supporting audio quality measurements and beamforming performance of directional speaker/microphone arrays
- Knowledge of real time audio processing frameworks, audio preprocessing algorithms such as noise suppression, echo cancellation and other environmental noise mitigation techniques is a plus
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.