Fleet Support Engineer
Fleet OperationsApply for this position
The Fleet Support Engineer on the BaseOps team will be actively engaged in the operational uptime of our fleet. The primary responsibilities include the diagnosis of complex hardware/software-related issues, interfacing with cross-functional engineering teams to drive resolution, capturing the troubleshooting details and placing them in the internal knowledge database, and generally being available to support the daily technical operations.
- Point of contact for real-time escalation from technicians of fleet issues
- Document, amend, and maintain a troubleshooting guide for all technicians to use as faults are diagnosed and resolved
- Establishing diagnostic procedures to expedite troubleshooting in the future
- Historical review of vehicle/fleet data, parsing and interpreting vehicle logs and their physical implications
- Work with Product Managers to capture feedback and Engineering teams to define a suite of tools dedicated to maximizing fleet availability
- Work with engineering design to improve tooling and detection of issues
- Work to implement effective countermeasures across the fleet
- Define/capture required data points to validate issue resolution
- Ability to work a weekend swing shift schedule, Thursday-Monday or Friday-Tuesday (flexible while covering a weekend shift.)
- Minimum of 2-4 years of relevant experience in transportation, aerospace, or autonomous vehicles
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering or Information Technology
- Experience with low/high voltage circuits, Unified Diagnostic Services (UDS), and how to safely troubleshoot
- Understanding of hardware and software systems architecture, communications to support in an operations setting
- Embraces a holistic problem-solving approach to identifying issues with high-level vehicle functions and drive specific resolution into single components
- Self-starter, ability to build relationships across the company
- Knowledge of Linux systems, especially as it pertains to networks, filesystems, and devices.
- Experience with electric vehicle technology
- Experience with remotely supporting vehicle troubleshooting
- Hands-on experience with vehicle hardware
- Experience with Linux & Python-based programming systems for fleet-level data processing
- Experience with software that interfaces with hardware
- Familiarity with networking, TCP, and socket programming
Employees working in this position will be required to be fully vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus. An applicant is considered fully vaccinated two weeks after their second dose in a 2-dose series, such as the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines, or two weeks after a single-dose vaccine, such as Johnson & Johnson’s Janssen vaccine. Applicants will be required to show proof of vaccination status upon receipt of a conditional offer of employment. That offer of employment will be conditioned upon, among other things, an Applicant’s ability to show proof of vaccination status. Please note the Company provides reasonable accommodations in accordance with applicable state, federal and local laws.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.