Systems Integration Engineer
Advanced Hardware EngineeringApply for this position
Zoox is seeking a highly motivated, energetic, Systems Integration Engineer to lead and drive systems integration on an autonomous vehicle. You will be responsible for supporting systems engineering activities, including interface definition, development, and functional testing. You will be leading the specification and execution of systems integration plans for vehicle-level features and deliverables.
- Process product level requirements and pull together respective engineering teams to decompose into components, interfaces, dynamic behaviors, and resource consumption targets.
- Support and review software and hardware design, implementation, and test cases
- Identify, document and highlight cross-functional gaps and dependencies - proactively work towards creative solutions to resolve integration issues and ensure vehicle functionality
- Work with test and integration engineers to ensure full test coverage is defined and implemented for software feature implementations.
- Develop and execute vehicle integration plans, pulling together relevant sub-system components while keeping track of overall program milestones and delivery objectives
- Deep-dive into vehicle log data and source code if required to root-cause system-level issues and facilitate rapid issue resolution in collaboration with domain experts. Post root cause analysis, suggest changes to upstream processes and subsystems, including diagnostics and other tools
- Work across the company to contribute to a cohesive variant management strategy that operates efficiently, including but not limited to software build configurations and upgrade capabilities.
- 5+ years engineering work experience
- Hands-on experience debugging complex systems that involve multiple ECUs with interfaces to various vehicle sub-systems
- Strong understanding of automotive hardware and software concepts and development processes
- Ability to work in a fast-paced development environment and proactively collaborate cross-functionally with other teams to solve vehicle-level integration problems
- Strong understanding of vehicle safety concepts and testing-related safety procedures
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Must be self-motivated, with a desire to continuously improve and learn
Employees working in this position will be required to have received a single dose of the J&J/Janssen COVID-19 vaccine OR have completed the two-dose Pfizer or Moderna vaccine series. In addition, employees will be required to receive a COVID-19 booster vaccine by the earlier of (1) April 15 or (2) within two months of becoming eligible for the booster vaccine.
Employees will be required to show proof of vaccination status upon receipt of a conditional offer of employment. That offer of employment will be conditioned upon, among other things, an Applicant’s ability to show proof of vaccination status. Please note the Company provides reasonable accommodations in accordance with applicable state, federal, and local laws.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.